PURPOSE AND SCOPE
As the largest, family-owned retail seed company in the United States, Beck’s was founded on faith, hard work, and innovation of our family and family of employees. As we continue to grow, our culture is maintained by those who work hard to make a difference in the lives of farmers. Beck’s is seeking quality individuals to join our family of employees.
This position is responsible for the evaluation of performance of current products and potential future products within a given regional geography. This position is also responsible to build relationships with all sales personnel in the specific region in order to build product knowledge and confidence utilizing agronomy, research and PFR.
The specific territories for this position will fall within Michigan & Northern Indiana.
- View Choice corn plots, replicated corn, soybean and wheat plots and evaluate elite germplasm from Beck’s breeding program.
- View foundation seed companies’ plots during summer and fall field days and evaluate germplasm.
- View strip trials and PFR studies with commercial and experimental hybrids and varieties to evaluate regional product performance.
- Work with seed advisors and dealers to understand gaps in product performance for the given geography.
- Be an integral part of a Beck’s Product Selection Team to select products for Beck’s retail portfolio for a given geography.
- Collect and report data and findings to product team members.
- Utilize Stats program to provide regional data performance and summaries to sales personnel.
- Work with Sales personnel and agronomists to interpret product performance within a given region.
- Attend certain technology provider’s meetings to get acquainted with the latest technologies.
- Attend industry seed meetings as determined by the product lead to network with other industry people.
- Attend local sales functions to remain up to date with the regional team.
- Present product information to various company personnel including members of Beck’s sales team.
- Present product information to dealers and sales staff at company meetings such as Dealer Extravaganza and Dealer Summer Camp.
- Communicate with customers, dealers and sales staff the merit of Beck’s products.
- Give presentations at Becknology Days and various other Field Days including dealer field days.
- Facilitate and promote training meetings with regional sales personnel dealing with product knowledge, agronomic issues, and technological advancements.
- Facilitate and Promote customer tours at regional PFR location to promote product knowledge, company messaging, and value of regional PFR studies.
- Participate in Winter meetings within the given area (possibly in a speaking role if deemed appropriate).
- Write timely updates and articles for the sales team pertaining to product/agronomic issues in the region.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Product Lead.
1. Education and training:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in an agricultural related field
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
2. Technical knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong agricultural skills.
- Possess positive attitude.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, work as a team member and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Basic computer and current software skills.
3. Physical demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds unassisted.
- Five (5) years’ experience with product evaluation, selection and promotion.
- Previous sales experience a benefit.
- Some overnight travel is required visiting various plots and trials as well as genetic supplier meetings and field show events.