The Regional Grain Manager plays a vital role for the commercial success of multiple ADM locations in the region. This includes seven river elevators located on the Ohio River between Mt. Vernon, IN and Silver Grove, KY and two truck grain elevators. The Regional Manager oversees the merchandising, farmer origination, logistics actives while coordinating trading with the Decatur merchandising team. Will also work closely with ADM Milling to supply the Mt. Vernon, IN flour mill with local wheat. The Regional Manager is responsible for the development and support of 15 to 20 employees to achieve personal, regional and corporate goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the regional assets and staff
- Oversee the profitability of the regional assets
- Trade basis, barge freight and futures spread positions
- Lead the farmer origination team
- Guide quality control/discount scales for the region
- Manage all corporate required policy
- Safety leadership and protocol
- Ethical practices
- Sarbanes Oxley audit items
- Accounting – best practices guidelines
- Provide leadership to location managers and location Operations Supt.
- Manage merchandising and logistics for region to enhance trading margins.
- Direct procurement via leadership of merchandiser staff and active participation within the process
- Coordinate with Regional Operations Supt. on facility management
- Develop technology use in the region for locations and producers
- Support Hub merchandising efforts and ADM marketing programs
- Oversee general office functions for each location, driving efficiency among regional locations.
Qualified candidate should have a B.A. or B.S. degree along with a minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in such roles as elevator management, trading grain and/or feed products and booking truck, rail and barge freight. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) required. The candidate must be able to hear and speak clearly; read, comprehend and communicate, orally and in writing in order to effectively communicate in person or by phone. Ideal candidate should have proven experience of working successfully in a fast paced commodity trading environment, must be able to prioritize tasks in the interest
Bachelor’s degree in business or agriculture, or equivalent experience, supplemented with 5 to 10 years of experience in elevator management, grain trade.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
EEOADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.