Your Role: Regional Consulting Veterinarian – Strategic Partnerships
Within the Elanco US Pet Health Business Unit, the Regional Consulting
Veterinarian (RCV) for Strategic Partnerships (SP) serves as a companion animal veterinary technical anchor for the Elanco team of corporate/distribution account managers. While knowledge of all Elanco products and disease states is essential, the role’s focus will be positioning and educating industry partners on Elanco parasiticides, vaccines, dermatologic portfolio and innovation. The SP RCV educates, provides training, and facilitates adoption of Elanco’s Pet Health product portfolio in the hospitals of strategic industry partners. The SP RCV helps develop and implement the Elanco veterinary medical strategy with assigned corporate and strategic customers and serves as Elanco’s primary medical/technical point of contact to their key medical personnel. The SP RCV also coordinates broader RCV team activities to support the goals of the SP team. This role requires extensive domestic travel (up to 60-75%). Candidates should have reasonable accessibility to a major airport.
- Travel will be required on a regular basis for medical presentations at partner’s regional meetings, corporate offices, and individual hospital interactions as strategy dictates.
- Primary responsibility will be Elanco technical support of Strategic Partnership account managers in US Pet Health.
- Travel commitment can average up to 60% but may be higher at times due to new product introductions or other special activities.
- Provide technical support for current and new product launches.
- Effectively communicate the features, benefits, and disease state information around Elanco products during in person, remote or recorded presentations.
- Organize and implement necessary field RCV support to accomplish strategic goals.
- Serve as Elanco primary medical point of contact to Corporate/Strategic partners.
- Cultivate relationships with key Corporate/Strategic partners.
- Present/provide medical and technical information to corporate medical officers to gain formulary approval or product adoption.
- Develop and implement medical/positioning strategies for Elanco products to meet goals.
- Actively participate in the Strategic Account Management (SAM) process and assist account managers in relationship building with partners.
- Responsible for the strategy, planning and staffing of RCV presentations at partner regional meetings and sponsored medical meetings.
- Understand business, contracts and strategic principles employed in SAM. As part of the larger RCV team, assist with product technical training, as deemed necessary by Elanco leadership.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited veterinary program with corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the USA.
- 5 years of experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus). Consideration may also be given for experience in comparable industry roles.
- A valid US driver’s license.
- Experienced in interactions with corporate veterinary medicine (veterinarians and clinics)
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Previous industry experience is desirable.
- Drive to work with partners in corporate veterinary medicine and build strong relationships.
- Solid knowledge of broad companion animal market, usage Elanco and other industry products, and related medical conditions with sound clinical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Keen planning skills and the ability to execute across multiple business functions.
- Capacity to work in a field environment with minimal supervision and the ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking/presentation skills.
- Experience in practice ownership/management, especially corporate, is a positive
- Additional business training and/or experience in SAM processes are positives.
- Strong background of training and education in key areas of Elanco product categories.
- Additional skills, knowledge, and experience in connecting the technical information with the business needs of our Strategic Accounts is expected.
- Location: Global Elanco Headquarters – Greenfield, IN – Hybrid Work Environment – Relocation available
- Travel: > 60%