As an Elanco Regional Consulting Veterinarian (RCV) for the US Pet Health Business Unit, you will serve as the veterinary expert for the sales representatives in your geography, your assigned sales district, and the organization. You will also educate and train veterinarians and staff at corporate hospitals, universities, and general practices on Elanco’s Pet Health product portfolio. This is a field-based role – you will operate from your home office and domestic travel (up to 75%) is required. You will need to reside within the assigned geography (Northern California) and have reasonable accessibility to a major airport.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- One-on-one customer interactions to support the Pet Health Sales business, deliver technical presentations to the customer base, and provide technical support at veterinary meetings (including national, regional, state, or local level meetings).
- Occasional support may be requested for other areas in the Pet Health organization such as Strategic, Specialty, and Retail Accounts.
- Travel commitment will average 60% but may be higher at times due to new product launches or other special activities.
- Occasional weekend and evening work is part of the job.
- Technical support of current products as well as support of new product launches.
- Assist with product technical training.
- Provide support to your assigned Veterinary Colleges/Schools.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Stay current with relevant medical technologies and monitor the scientific literature for relevant information.
- Graduate of an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) accredited veterinary program with the corresponding veterinary degree. Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, to practice veterinary medicine in the United States.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a practicing veterinarian in companion animal or mixed animal practice (companion animal focus) although consideration may also be given for experience in comparable industry roles. The practice experience may be in private, corporate, and/or academic environments.
- A valid US driver’s license.
- Team player, approachable, confident, and engaging
- Advanced degrees in veterinary medicine are a positive, as is additional high quality veterinary practice experience (referral practice, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of companion animal market, products, and related medical conditions with sound clinical and diagnostic skills.
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to providing top quality customer support.
- Additional industry experience is desirable. Familiarity with the regulatory requirements associated with the reporting and follow-up on adverse event reports.
- Keen planning skills and the ability to execute.
- Capacity to work in a field environment with minimal supervision and the ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Strong background of training and education in key areas of Elanco product categories.
Northern California (Bay Area or Sacramento)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status