Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Total Rewards, the Region Compensation and Benefits Lead is responsible for partnering with the global total rewards team to implement a comprehensive and inclusive compensation and benefits strategy leveraging benchmarking and internal goals. The Region Compensation and Benefits Lead supports a variety of Compensation and Total Rewards processes, projects, and programs: year-end compensation planning, salary adjustments, short-term and long-term incentive compensation, job evaluations, retention, fleet, recognition, and country benefits programs. Additionally, these responsibilities include partnership with local leaders and HR in communicating and ensuring compliance with compensation guidelines/philosophy and consistency of related practices within the broader organization.
This role supports LatAM, Canada, Western & Central Europe, Turkey, and the Middle East. This a remote role and can be based in most locations with a preference for the Eastern Time Zone or Europe.
- Partner with other global comp leaders and HR Business Partners to plan and implement compensation-related changes initiatives uniformly across Elanco’s 45 countries.
- Provide compensation and benefits partner support for assigned geographies in support of the business strategy.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive benefits education for all employees. Lead process for employee benefits education.
- Demonstrates successful experience managing vendor relationships and effective change management to ensure service levels and agreed duties are being performed timely and effectively. (WTW, Mercer, and any other Global or Local partner)
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing benefit plans, recommending changes which provide value to employees, are consistent with benefit trends and organizational objectives, and cost effective.
- Conduct annual reviews of benefit vendor partnerships with benefit brokers to include Request for Proposals, annual bid process for renewals and approvals together with internal Procurement and Privacy teams.
- Work closely with HR leaders, local HR business partners and HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to develop change management strategies and strong communication plans to implement Elanco compensation strategies.
- Partner with finance and accounting on compensation-related liabilities and accrual updates.
- Provide compensation related requirements and approval to HRIS team for all Workday compensation, bonus, and merit module configuration.
- Ensure all comp-related Workday training and documentation is accurate and available to managers and HR business partners.
- Manage a team of 1-2 direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR, Finance, or similar business discipline.
- 5-7 years of compensation experience in a global organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; understanding of differentiated communication strategies based on audience.
- Proven business partner with Compensation experience in a global company and a proven track record of analyzing compensation strategies and processes that support the objectives of the business.
- Hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution, flexible with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment and highly organized.
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to understand and influence competing priorities of diverse set of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong project management orientation.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; analysis and modeling expertise using an HRIS ERP solution (Workday preferred).
- Business fluent in English (Verbal and Written).
- Certified Compensation Professional
- Familiarity with market pricing tools (i.e., Marketpay, Payfactors, Mercer WIN, etc.)
- Job Evaluation tool knowledge (i.e., Mercer IPE, WTW Global Grading)
- Advanced financial planning and accounting knowledge
- Familiar with SOX
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status