Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is the world leader in the plant biotechnology industry including the discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics, crop protection and digital solutions. Our Research Automation and Engineering team is looking for a proactive, business partner centric R&D Service Engineer to join the team located in the Johnston Iowa area.
The qualified candidate will successfully build and maintain partnerships across the scientific community to deliver business impact solutions and dedication to provide highly qualified technical support, preventative maintenance, calibration, trouble shooting and issue resolution of Laboratory Research instrumentation & equipment with a strong focus on biology-based instruments. The candidate will work both independently and, in a team, setting in collaboration with current team members and processes, and closely with OEM representatives.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Hands-on support, calibration, preventative maintenance, instrument and work cell software support, and other highly skilled technical expertise for a wide array of biology-based instruments (Lab Automation Workcell, Liquid Handler, etc.) (e.g. Hamilton, Agilent, LGC, ThermoFishers, etc.)
- Provide oversight, coordination, and direction relative areas of instrument expertise (e.g. Hamilton STAR, Lynx, etc.) for training, support, PM’s, GLP compliance, etc.
- Collaborate with external vendors – Hamilton, Agilent, Bionex, HighRes, Douglas Scientific, LGC, Dynamic Devices, etc.
- Utilize work management software to track issue resolution, progress, instrument history and to communicate with business partners
- Leverage traditional support skills to resolve automation & instrumentation issues such as mechanical, electrical and software related issues.
- Document service records (including GLP compliance), asset management and safety inspections.
- Commission – assist in installation and validation of equipment into service
- Assist with OEM vendor coordination, site, and safety requirements
- Continually grow & share skills and capabilities across automation & instrumentation vendors and products
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
- Travel up to 25% to Global locations
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree with course work related to mechanical or electrical engineering disciplines with 3-5 years of applicable experience or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or Biology disciplines with solid proven experience with automation and instrumentation support and preventive maintenance.
- Strong understanding of laboratory processes and applications relative to biological systems
- Strong problem solving, collaboration, communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience relative to safety and health
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Competencies and Experience Desired:
Applicants must be self-motivated and work well with others in a cross-functional team environment to troubleshoot laboratory hardware/software problems, proactively drive preventative maintenance and GLP compliance, ensure quality support resolutions and maintain site & safety protocols. The successful candidate will possess a deep breadth of technical skills relative to biology-based instruments and in mechanical troubleshooting, instrument repair and customer service. Have the ability and desire to partner with and serve the research community. Possess strong communication, documentation, and training skills. Ability to adapt and gain new technical skills for a continual and rapidly changing research environment. Must present a professional and positive service-oriented disposition.
Corteva Agriscience™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners, and our planet.
With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership, heritage, and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.