At Elanco (NYCE: ELAN) – it all starts with animals!
As a global leader in animal health, we are dedicated to innovating and delivering products and services to prevent and treat disease in farm animals and pets. We’re driven by our vision of ‘Food and Companionship Enriching Life’ and our approach to sustainability – the Elanco Healthy Purpose™ – to advance the health of animals, people, the planet and our enterprise.
At Elanco, we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is the driving force behind innovation, creativity, and overall business success. Here, you’ll be part of a company that values and champions new ways of thinking, work with dynamic individuals, and acquire new skills and experiences that will propel your career to new heights.
Making animals’ lives better makes life better – join our team today!
Your Role: R&D and Regulatory Intern
As an R&D and Regulatory Intern, you will be executing a project that impacts Elanco’s regulatory, clinical development, or innovation processes. In this role you will directly enable Elanco to deliver products to our customers in ways such as identifying regulatory pathways to approval, improving internal data management systems, evaluating the competitive landscape, or assessing clinical efficacy models.
- Managing regular check-ins and reporting/presenting work to your direct supervisor
- Managing data in accordance with project deliverables
- Providing recommendations on process improvements or competitive landscape
- Working within cross-functional teams to implement project outcomes
- Some roles may include hands-on animal experience
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Currently enrolled in a field such as animal science, veterinary medicine (pre-vet or DVM), chemistry, biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical science, molecular biology or other related fields
- Degree: This role is open to students pursuing a Bachelors, Masters, PhD, or professional degree (e.g., DVM, MBA, PharmD, etc.)
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel experience
- Highly self-motivated, demonstrated learning agility, and critical thinking
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Experience working with statistical software or data management tools, proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Innovation and ideation mindset
- Hands-on experience with companion or farm animals and/or veterinary clinics
- Ability to work exceptionally well independently and with minimal supervision
- Have an interest in wanting to make a difference for pets, sustainability, veterinary medicine, or data-driven approaches
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, speaking, and presentation skills
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Travel: 0%
- Global Elanco Headquarters – Greenfield, IN – Hybrid Work Environment
- Fort Dodge, IA – Hybrid Work Environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Elanco we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don’t necessarily meet every requirement, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or other roles!
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is designed to provide students with experiences! Internships are project based and comprised of business-critical needs. All interns have the opportunity to significantly impact Elanco’s success over the summer and kickstart a career that counts.
- Internship Dates: May 20th – August 9th (12 Weeks)
- Competitive salary: $19-$37/hour (dependent upon major and year in school)
- Networking events
- Assigned mentors
- Professional development opportunities
- Optional all-inclusive housing for $150 per week (for Greenfield and Clinton interns) or a $4000 housing stipend (for all other manufacturing sites and Sales interns)
- Full time roles or additional internships for interns with outstanding performance
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status