Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, we grow progress by putting farmers and consumers at the heart of agriculture, to help reshape the industry for the 21st century. We believe that the future of farming depends on aligning the food chain from end to end, so that we can work together to build agriculture into an industry that is more financially secure, sustainable, innovative and responsive. We are helping to shape an industry better able to understand and react to global market demands, that can effectively harness science, technology and innovation to optimize productivity, and which has the know-how and resources to help chart its own long-term success in the face of challenge and change.
This role will be responsible for delivering advanced analytics solutions through the Corteva Quality Organization, using the latest data science technology. As the Data Science and Analytics Lead, you will apply knowledge of deep learning, machine learning, visualization techniques, and big data tools to address quality priorities. Examples of priorities include reduction in quality incidents, Cost of Poor Quality, and customer complaints, as well as improvement of First Pass Prime and Cost of Quality. Additionally, this role will focus on championing customer needs through product launch success and use of external feedback, such as Net Promoter Score (NPS) and real-time customer sentiment analysis, to enhance Corteva products and performance.
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. If hired, you may be required to travel as necessary to support business activities.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Business intelligence, including Power BI, Tableau, or other visualization tools
- Big data tools for managing large volumes of information, including real-time and unstructured data
- Artificial intelligence/deep learning
- Machine learning, including predictive analytics by utilization of supervised and unsupervised predictive models
- Quality Leadership Team
- Executive leaders (Responsible Enterprise Steering Team, Presidents and Vice Presidents of Commercial and Business Platforms, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Seed Production, R&D)
- Functional leaders (R&D, Seed Production and Supply Chain, Crop Protection Manufacturing and Supply Chain, Procurement)
- Commercial leadership (Commercial Effectiveness, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Develop and implement the technical strategy to deliver actionable insights for priority focus areas.
- Build and enable key partnerships cross-functionally, in areas such as Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Seed Production, Procurement, R&D, and Information Technology to support our aggressive growth strategy and quality focus.
- Lead and support development and implementation of a broad range of data analytics, advanced visualization, and data science as needed for realization of the analytics strategy.
- Collaborate to build metrics and KPIs to measure operational performance across the organization.
- Drive data consistency globally and across platforms within a common framework and language to deliver data-driven insights across the business.
- Provide guidance regarding the application of data in lab, field and manufacturing/production environments.
- Ensure that data architecture of Quality systems aligns to corporate IT requirements. Define and document data governance protocols and workflows to ensure role and process clarity.
- Own the long-term analytics and technical strategies, as well as the day-to-day operations and deliverables of the Quality analytics team.
- Foster innovation including the development of internal and external partnerships to accelerate strategy implementation and achieve continuous improvement.
- Remain current on new developments in the areas of data science and analytics applications.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS in data science or equivalent required. MS preferred. Minimum of 3 years industry experience required.
- Robust skills (collaboration, problem-solving mindset, leading by influence) to solve business problems by turning raw data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated experience as a project leader of cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds. Leading projects from idea generation through deployment of solution.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills across diverse audiences including technical teams and executive leaders
- Experience building and utilizing external networks to bring outside-in insights
- Additional technical requirements,
- Experience in Tableau and Power BI to support the delivery of Advanced Analytics and data visualization
- Experience designing impactful KPIs and metrics to measure operational performance
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Programming skills in R or Python languages for machine learning algorithms
- Hands-on expertise in predictive modeling including machine learning, deep learning, and time series
- Experience with artificial intelligence and big data, including planning, data pipeline implementation, and analytics
- Experience applying data solutions in the field
- Experience with cloud related technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is desired
- Basic knowledge of big data ecosystem software such as Hadoop, Spark, Map-Reduce, Docker
- Experience with LIMS and SAP
- Experience with or working knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience in Quality (Quality Assurance or Quality Control) is preferred
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!