As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
At Elanco (NYCE: ELAN) – it all starts with animals!
As a global leader in animal health, we are dedicated to innovating and delivering products and services to prevent and treat disease in farm animals and pets. We’re driven by our vision of ‘Food and Companionship Enriching Life’ and our approach to sustainability – the Elanco Healthy Purpose™ – to advance the health of animals, people, the planet and our enterprise.
At Elanco, we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is the driving force behind innovation, creativity, and overall business success. Here, you’ll be part of a company that values and champions new ways of thinking, work with dynamic individuals, and acquire new skills and experiences that will propel your career to new heights.
Making animals’ lives better makes life better – join our team today!
Your Role: Quality Control Intern
As a Quality Control Intern, you will be part of Animal Health Manufacturing (AHM) Lab team to deliver a practical solution to reducing analytical variability or implementation of new lab methods. There will be several opportunities to learn different subjects and analytical techniques within Quality control.
- Understand the Animal Health Manufacturing process and how Quality Control supports the process and business
- Work within various teams to implement process or Quality Control lab improvements
- Learn about various analytical techniques and applications
- Study design improvement processes
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Currently enrolled in a Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry major
- Experience with Microsoft Suites
- Demonstrate laboratory experience
- A willingness to learn
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Have an interest in animal health manufacturing, problem solving, scientific method, or cross-functional skill development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in cross-functional team settings
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work exceptionally well independently and with minimal supervision
- Travel: 0%
- Location: Elanco Clinton Laboratories – Clinton, IN
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Elanco we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don’t necessarily meet every requirement, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or other roles!
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is designed to provide students with experiences! Internships are project based and comprised of business-critical needs. All interns have the opportunity to significantly impact Elanco’s success over the summer and kickstart a career that counts.
- Internship Dates: May 20th – August 9th (12 Weeks)
- Competitive salary: $19-$37/hour (dependent upon major and year in school)
- Networking events
- Assigned mentors
- Professional development opportunities
- Optional all-inclusive housing for $150 per week (for Greenfield and Clinton interns) or a $4000 housing stipend (for all other manufacturing sites and Sales interns)
- Full time roles or additional internships for interns with outstanding performance
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status