Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Quality Control Assistant performs bio-analytical methods (immunological, in vivo, microbiological, molecular biological, or virological) for various Bio QC tests on raw materials, in-process, release or stability samples in compliance with 9CFR, EU and VICH regulatory guidelines, Outlines of Production and Special Outlines. Initiates, executes and completes assays as per validated procedures and within Quality and Compliance guidelines and communicates testing, compliance and/or scheduling issues to supervisor. Reports to Quality Consultant in Quality Control.
Basic Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. in a relevant scientific discipline (preferred), or AA Degree + 4 years of relevant experience,. or High School Diploma/GED with 8 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles and techniques.
- Ability to perform tasks following applicable methods and procedures with moderate supervision.
- Good understanding of operations in immediate area and basic understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ability to make routine decisions within the scope of responsibilities with guidance.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise and appropriate manner.
- Ability to documents results and data clearly and accurately.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and others as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork within own group and other internal groups.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Must be able to read and see clearly. Vision clarity with or without correction to read handwritten and computer generated documents.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1) Perform routine testing using a significant portion of the existing laboratory assays
2) Maintains laboratory reagents, supplies and calibrated equipment
3) Prepare reagents and materials
4) Calculates results
5) Communicates schedule, test status and concerns
6) Write Laboratory Investigations, as needed.
7) Review and approve results and test sheets
8) Revise a Pre-existing Standard Methods and SOPs
9) Trains others on methods & procedures
1) In house reagent replacement / validation
2) Coordinate projects with supervision
3) Coordination of projects within group
4) Writes reports and summaries
5) Is called upon by other groups in QC for collaboration or SME
1) Information /data summarized in concise format
2) Demonstrates creativity and contributes original suggestions
3) Troubleshoot / Problem solving beyond method defined action
4) Locate answers from other areas / consult with other areas
5) Seeks development opportunities
1) Use of Word and Excel, SAP, and Veeva (Document system)
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Ability to multitask
- Maintain a positive focus through culture of change
Physical Demands / Surroundings:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Frequent periods of sitting, walking, and standing.
- Occasionally must climb stairs or ladders, balance, bend or stoop, crouch or squat.
- Occasional low level work, fine finger dexterity/ including grasping or pinching required.
- Writing and use of a computer keyboard frequently.
- Occasional use of personal protective equipment.
- Works in a lab and office setting. The individual may be required to enter production support areas as well as sterile filling rooms.
Management & Economic Magnitude:
- This is an individual contributor role. No leadership experience required.
- Must have the ability to recognize and solves non-standard problems that can occur in own work unit. May participate in large project(s). Interface with other QC lab personnel and external departments.
- Travel not required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected statuse