Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Portfolio Manager position supporting Corteva’s Seed platform preferably based in Indianapolis, IN or Johnston IA. Other locations will also be considered.
Develops partnerships with business leaders to anticipate quality needs related to pipeline activities and provides expertise to enable successful project advancement and product launch. Facilitates implementation of quality requirements to ensure quality effectiveness and risk mitigation for the global Seed business portfolios. Contributes to contracts and licensing agreements; documents quality requirements for out-licensed materials, such as traits.
Enable portfolio success as a Quality Assurance resource, engaged in product launch effectiveness and new product development, as well as monitoring quality performance of existing portfolio products in the market. Ensure risk mitigation and proactively identify opportunities for continued quality improvements across the value chain, from R&D through commercial sales as well as Manage Existing Business (MEB).
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Engage in a consistent cadence of communication with key Portfolio leaders to establish and maintain a trusted advisor relationship.
• Serve as a Quality Assurance (QA) resource for the Portfolio and relevant functions,
– Delivering quality performance metrics and identifying trends
– Collaborating to define risk mitigation plans, as needed
– Providing or participating in business reviews as needed for products with significant quality issues
– Enabling implementation of policies through interpretation of requirements
– Identifying needs for policy modifications, new policies, work processes, procedures or tools
• Enable product launch success through
– Participating in continuous improvement of process(es) to ensure Quality preparedness, as well as communicating launches to Quality Leadership and relevant regional focal points as needed
– Understanding risks for new launches and proactively collaborating on risk mitigation plans
– Reviewing current market standards for alignment of new product requirements
• Active engagement and influence in Program Management for New Product Development, including
– Participating in or facilitating risk assessments
– Participating in peer review or stage gate meetings as appropriate to understand decisions regarding anticipated risks
– Delivering customer feedback relevant to area of focus or products under development
• Assess for systemic Quality Management System gaps and drive continuous improvement accordingly, leveraging most current tools and resources available to the Quality organization (eg. predictive analytics).
• Provide regular updates on Quality performance of the Portfolio to key stakeholders, including Portfolio and Quality Leadership
• Ensure awareness or escalation as needed of high impact quality incidents and customer complaints, in regard to mitigation, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventative Actions, Cost of Poor Quality, and Learning Experience Reports. As appropriate, serve as incident owner and facilitate incident investigation, as well as monitoring effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Provide quality inputs into contracts (eg. licensing, M&A, procurement) including
– Establishing and communicating QA requirements for out-license agreements
– Collaborating to ensure licensees have access to resources and expertise to meet QA requirements
– Monitoring licensee questions/complaints for commercial issues that require escalation and communicating to the business portfolio
– Reviewing in-licensing contracts for quality appropriateness and sustainability
– Reviewing Procurement contracts for Supplier quality requirements
• Evaluate customer perception of product quality for the Portfolio and drive continuous improvement accordingly, using most current tools and resources available to the Quality organization.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• BS or MS in agriculture, engineering or biological sciences
• 10+ years experience in the agriculture industry
• Experience developing, implementing and/or applying a quality management system Experience in cross-functional support preferred, such as R&D, Production, Supply Chain, Commercial, and Quality to enable broad perspective, from pipeline development through launch
• Demonstrated ability to influence
• Strong focus on continuous improvement
• Strong collaboration skills
• Critical thinking abilities
• Business acumen
• Owner mindset
• Effective communicator, with experience presenting to small and large groups, including cross-functional interactions
• Quality management system/quality tools training; risk analysis skills/methodologies; project management training desirable
• Customer Focus: Demonstrates commitment to customers by ensuring processes/practices are in place to deliver products with desired/expected quality according to defined timelines. Speaks clearly about the importance of the customer; fosters a sense of urgency toward customer needs.
• Balances Stakeholders: Builds stakeholder relationships and balances the needs of multiple stakeholder groups; stays in contact with stakeholders and detects emerging needs; defines solutions in consideration of as many stakeholders as possible
• Collaborates: Seeks input from multiple people; demonstrates quality’s role as partners to achieve shared goals; eliminates barriers to collaboration.
• Drives Results: Defines clear plans to deliver results to enhance business performance; pushes through to achieve results despite difficult circumstances
• Ensures Accountability: Takes clear action to ensure that the organization meets its commitments. Uses key indicators, processes, and management systems to monitor the organization’s performance against goals.
• Cultivates Innovation: Leads the organization to develop and implement breakthrough ideas and solutions.
• Values Differences: Supports an environment where people of all backgrounds feel respected and appreciated.
• Develops Talent: Mentors and coaches colleagues in principles of quality and product launch. Contributes to initiatives to build leadership excellence and build ready talent
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
• And much, much more!