Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The primary purpose of this position is to formulate and prepare prototypes in support of Manufacturing.
CRITICAL CORE COMPETENCIES
- Technical Knowledge-Basic understanding of scientific principles and basic lab techniques.
- Process Knowledge-Basic understanding of processes within immediate area.
- Problem Solving-Problem solving within the scope of responsibilities with some guidance from Supervisor.
- Written Communication –Documents lab results / data in a lab notebook following applicable regulations.
- Oral Communication Skills-Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise and appropriate manner.
- Decision Making-Makes routine decisions with limited guidance from supervisor.
- Regulatory Compliance-Performs and documents work following established methods, SOP’s, GLP/GCP and/or cGMP.
OTHER KEY COMPETENCIES AND APPLICATION LEVEL
- Innovation-Encouraged to suggest/propose answers and solutions to problems.
- Collaboration-Effectively interacts with co-workers and others as needed.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Direct the prototyping and blending of serials and finished veterinary biologicals
- Perform Enzyme Linked Immunosorbant Assays (ELISA) or similar laboratory testing
- Regulate and control antigen input to ensure consistency of product and to reduce safety concerns
- Monitor inventory consumption and predict future need for antigen production
- Calculate and review formulation of prototype vaccines to accurately produce serial blends at required potency levels
- Ordering kits and supplies used in the lab and formulation of prototypes.
- Contact QC Media Kitchen for the preparation of required reagents.
- Contact Production Biological Blending Dept for media components.
- Contact support staff for all ordering requests.
- Contact Senior Quality Scientist, Supervisor, Manager and/or Director for laboratory questions and relaying problems that arise so they can be addressed.
- Contact Manufacturing for bacterial or viral samples.
- Maintain and control local QC inventory of Manufacturing materials.
- Education -BS or BA degree
- Ability to comply with standard methods, special outlines and production outlines
- Basic computer skills in Excel, Word, and SAP.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status