Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Quality Auditor for the Seed and Crop Protection platform in North America. The Quality Auditor works within an auditing team that assesses and monitors performance of the Quality Management System and regulatory compliance at sites compared to critical internal and external requirements. The position requires strong communication with a diverse group of stakeholders that works to create partnerships while also identifying weaknesses within the management system. The ideal candidate provides Quality Management System expertise, previous auditing experience, and is preferred to be a certified Quality Auditor by an external entity (or working towards/willing to be certified).
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you.
- Lead independent internal audits at Corteva locations regionally including all Research, SPSC production, Crop Protection manufacturing and warehousing locations, and others as determined by business needs. Audits include diverse functions and operations, including field, laboratory, and storage facilities, and across business platforms (such as Crop Protection locations).
- Lead or facilitate audits of third-party locations (i.e. Regional Distribution Centers, licensees, external laboratories, External Manufacturers) as needed.
- During audits, provides expert consulting and provides best practice comparisons to continuously improve effectiveness of our quality and compliance systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Corteva employees within the region to facilitate audit planning, audit execution, and audit follow-up.
- Assist in Regional and Regional global audit planning across the Corteva organization including participating in formal risk analysis and logistics forecasting.
- Prepare professional, objective, and concisely written audit reports to site management and key stakeholders across the Corteva organization.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling external third-party auditors and manage third-party auditing firm contracts. Review third-party reports for accuracy and clarity.
- Ensure quality and consistency of audit approach at all regional locations; provide accurate interpretation of both internal and external requirements.
- Ensure that internal documentation and records provide compliance evidence to standards, regulatory requirements, and certifications.
- Assist with the development of critical internal documentation and processes by providing real-time audit data and observations to Quality and Compliance teams.
- Participate on ad-hoc teams developing quality, stewardship, and regulatory strategies for Corteva.
- Develops and implements enhancements to the auditing and reporting tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a monitoring strategy
Customer Focus: Evaluates the effectiveness of each site’s management system to reduce significant customer issues, protect our right to operate, and maintain accreditations that provides value to our customers.
Balances Stakeholders: Builds internal stakeholder relationships and identifies and adapts to emerging needs to benefit as many stakeholders and customers as possible.
Collaborates: Promotes a culture of collaboration across the internal sites and Corteva teams in the region, by identifying weaknesses in the management system and also working with teams to mitigate and prevent future risk.
Drives Results: Completes audits as planned to ensure areas of risk are identified and actions put in place to prevent recurrence.
Ensures Accountability: Responsible for ensuring weaknesses in the management system are validated and have action plans in place to reduce risk to Corteva.
- Minimum of a scientific or agricultural, bachelor’s degree with focus in agronomy, quality assurance, chemistry, biology, or life sciences.
- 5+ years Seed Production & Supply Chain, Seed R&D, Crop Protection Manufacturing, or Seed Quality Testing experience.
- Experience with quality/compliance management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Certified Quality Auditor by ASQ or other external entity
- Previous auditing experience
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and/or external accreditation standards (i.e. ISO, ETS, etc.)
- Experience leading or contributing to an E2W project.