The mission of the Office of Indiana State Chemist Pesticide Section is to protect the public and the environment by ensuring that pesticide products distributed within the state are properly formulated and labeled and that individuals who apply pesticides have met minimum competency standards, when required, and apply those pesticides without causing harm to people or property. This analytical chemist position supports a team of investigators with providing scientific data on pesticide related investigations.
As Analytical Chemist, you will perform chemical analysis on environmental samples (vegetation, soil, water, etc.) to determine the presence of pesticides. You will also extract samples by various extraction methodologies and analyze the samples using various analytical instrumentations, e.g. GC/FID/ECD, GC/MS, LC/PDA, LC/MS/MS, LC-HRMS. Additionally, you will collaborate in the development of new methods and method validations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field
- 2 years’ work experience in an analytical laboratory (undergraduate or graduate research experience may count toward work experience)
- Understanding of GLP, general analytical chemistry techniques, and chromatography
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
- Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology
- High proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Access, Word, Excel and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring)
- Good knowledge in chromatography software packages is desired: Thermo Chromeleon, Thermo Xcalibur, Thermo Tracefinder, Waters Masslynx, Agilent Masshunter and Chemstation
For full consideration, please apply through this link: