Are you an experienced Protein Scientist ready to grow your career and take on a new challenge? If so, Protein Analysis Scientist role in our Seeds Regulatory Science group may be the perfect opportunity for you.
In this collaborative role, you will be a part of Seeds Regulatory Science leadership team within the Regulatory and Stewardship group of Corteva R&D. More specifically, this position supports the goal of assessing the safety of proteins expressed in biotechnology products for submission to Regulatory agencies across the globe. This is accomplished primarily by leading a team of researchers generating data or by providing technical inputs to data generated by contract labs or other internal labs.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Serve as Study Director for regulatory protein safety studies including but not limited to quantification of proteins or metabolites in biotech products.
- Provide protein analytical support through a team of researchers to other functional groups in seeds regulatory science.
- Represent Corteva on external working groups and industry forums as a protein analysis expert.
- Guide team of researchers generating protein expression data in biotech products.
- Answer regulatory questions and support registration teams on protein analysis topics.
- Co-author scientific papers and peer review submitted papers that support registration of new traits for chemical and plant journals.
- Maintain continuous engagement with established quality management systems, programs, and auditing teams to maintain compliance of protocols and reports.
- Represent and communicate protein analysis data to diverse stakeholders.
- Being a member of leadership team, contribute to people development and participate in driving efficient operations in seeds regulatory science.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, or related scientific fields with 2 years of experience in biotech industry Or Masters degree and at least 5 years of industry experience in regulatory protein analysis.
- Working knowledge of GLPs and understanding of biotech regulatory guidance is desired..
- Ability to manage/supervise technical staff equitably and professionally is a plus.
- Creative thinking and ability to work both independently and in team environments is critical.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, while meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally by phone, email, and in-person with internal employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and record keeping ability.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Johnston, Iowa campus is home to 2,500 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, deli, fresh salad bar and a variety of healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful, tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and holiday events. Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology with colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
Des Moines, Iowa is the fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest with a nationally ranked high quality of living. It’s nicknamed the Silicon Prairie for its place as an up-and-coming hot spot for technology. Living here means Saturdays at the nationally renowned Downtown Farmers’ Market, sporting events, a robust downtown night life and access to one of the most artistic medium sized cities. If you enjoy the outdoors, Des Moines offers beautiful nature trails for a casual walking, running or biking adventures.
It means going to a job you love and coming home to a community of friends and family. Communities care about their residents and residents care about their communities, making a difference for everyone who lives here. This is a place where culture flourishes and opportunities grow, where a work-life balance can be achieved, where education is unmatched, and award-winning arts and entertainment are right around the corner.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: