This role oversees and provides consistent implementation of project management practices across the product development portfolio and global operations. This role will implement sound project management process across the product development teams and partner as needed with other project management functions in Elanco to deliver global, sustainable solutions in project management. The individual in this role is expected to exhibit key leadership behaviors which enable innovative solutions, a positive and motivating work environment, ultimately accelerating Best in Innovation.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Development Project Lead and Project Team, drive execution of global project deliverables for projects by controlling project schedule/ timeline, cost, and performance risks using MS Project, Project Online, Project Management principles, and risk management tools
- Assist the management of the project team budget using tools such as SAP(Ariba), MS Excel and cooperation with Procurement and P2P Vendor Management System
- Provide operational oversight for projects from initiation through close, while ensuring deliverables are met on schedule and within budget constraints
- Facilitate regular project status meetings with team members and key stakeholders and document decisions and actions from these meetings.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to project stakeholders and escalate issues when appropriate
- Manage the tracking and reporting of key project success measures for scorecards as well as project metrics to support business planning cycles and strategic initiatives
- Assist in managing project timeline and budget deliverables to facilitate delivery of the Elanco operation projects and initiatives.
- Implement project management best practices and processes including documenting standard assumptions used for timeline development
- Anticipates and resolves complex problems
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master level degree (scientific field preferred)
- Project management experience and/ or appropriate training (3-5 years)
- Experience in veterinary product development
- Operations experience
- Understanding of research and development process and regulatory submission process/ requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and influence cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence external partners
- Ability to multi-task and work on several initiatives at the same time
Additional Skills/ Preferences:
- Basic knowledge of IT tools, agile learner of new IT tools/ systems
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status