This engineering role is responsible for small and large project electrical design, maintenance of plant electrical systems including power systems, lighting, instrumentation, PLC/HMI networked based control systems and plant networks and production support to facilitate project and infrastructure installations or modifications; Assisting in the development and implementation of Capital Improvement Projects and Operational Improvement projects, and following construction completion criteria and construction requirements with the project manager. Assisting plant startup, analysis of existing operations and/or future facilities for the Company, meeting Company quality and cost standards.
AS A CRITICAL INDIVIDUAL TEAM CONTRIBUTOR DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Works with the SH&E staff to assure regulatory certifications and compliance on capital and process improvements, normal operating practices regarding all Safety and Environmental
• Participate in the development and administration of project policies and programs.
• Supervise Company and Contractor work force for all assigned capital improvement projects to ensure that project goals are met while meeting company quality and cost standards.
• Participate in the project development budgeting process to establish accurate costing for management. Manage assigned projects to ensure monetary budgets and scheduled timelines are accomplished.
• Participates in long-range planning decisions, recommends capital projects.
• Reviews plant operations for potential process / procedural improvements for higher throughput and / or costs savings.
• Provides support to production and maintenance in analyzing and resolving electrical problems.
• Maintains and updates electrical documentation files
• Responsible for electrical distribution and controls design of new equipment installations or modifications
• Oversees electrical contractors on site
• Responsible for PLC and HMI program development for process changes
• Provides oversight of consultant detail design activities
• Ensures compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
• Performs as project engineer on sole electrical projects.
• Interface with plant utility on power outage planning.
• Responsible for Electrical Energy Reporting.
• Maintain Plant PFD, P&ID.
• Follows construction completion criteria and construction requirements with the project / plant manager.
• Assists in the project start-up with local management.
• Additional projects and duties as assigned
• 480 Volt distribution systems, transformers, switchgear, protection systems, motor control equipment. (Experience with 12.47KV distribution system beneficial)• VFD’s and soft starts• plant fiber communication networks and plant instrumentation and signals• plant field bus networks such as Profibus, DeviceNet, AS-Interface, ControlNet and Ethernet networks.
• Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC; Familiar with Wonderware HMI software
• Intrinsic Safety & Explosion Safe Electrical Systems; Experience with Coordination, Arc flash & Load Flow studies
• Electrical Distribution Gear; Power monitoring software
• NEC, NFPA 70, NFPA 70E and PSM requirements