As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
As part of the Global Procurement Team, this role will be responsible for all sourcing and procurement activities for a major US Pharmaceutical Capital project. The role will take ownership of procurement activities through all FEI (Front End Loading) gates to execution and Commissioning and Qualification.
This role will interact with other global procurement colleagues and the project team to ensure the most suitable sourcing strategies are created and implemented in the most efficient manner. The project team includes: engineering, quality, health, safety, environmental and other functions. If time allows, the individual may work on other sourcing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, and/or Supply Chain or equivalent.
- 5 plus years of experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, and management of suppliers.
- 5 plus years of experience working in major capital projects
- Demonstrated experience in delivery sourcing strategies, RFXs, Supplier Relationship Management and Commercial contracting activities.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to network and influence across all levels of management and drive organizational.
- Demonstrated business acumen with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a proven track record with extensive practical experience in specific EPCM and Construction categories.
- An in-depth understanding of current market dynamics and potential business impact Keep up to date with current trends in the business environment.
- Advanced Category Management and sourcing & contracting knowledge with Total Cost of Ownership approach (EPCM and Construction)
- Good understanding of Capital and Project Procurement strategy, planning and execution
- Advanced skills in SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) and SPM (Supplier Performance Management) – (EPCM and Construction Global Suppliers)
- Skilled negotiator adept at leading complex negotiations with both external and internal stakeholders
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to operate within and with teams in a collaborative way
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Establish, lead and manage EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) /PMC (project management and consultancy) /EPCM (engineering, procurement and construction management), equipment and construction portfolio for a new major capital project ≥ $200 USD.
- Create and utilize innovative, effective, sustainable strategies aligned to the business requirements with value creation in the forefront
- Lead and develop procurement personnel resourced via the project with a focus on priorities,
- performance targets and value capture
- Develop and deliver integrated sourcing strategies and business cases that enable sustainable value, security of supply and supplier partnering that drives innovation
- Tender all key tier 1 packages throughout the capital gate process including formulation of all tender documents, evaluation of bidders, negotiation of agreements and award
- Providing support to key stakeholders with key information and support for reporting and analysis and input into commercial planning activities including frontloading, commercial planning, procurement strategy development and PDS (Project Delivery Schedule) to ensure delivery is to plan and schedule
- Support the team in the effective negotiation, implementation and management of contracts, clarification of scope, roles and responsibilities and performance expectations and manage issues escalated by the Capital Project Manager or Project team to resolution
- Key member in contract lifecycle management with contract administration, as well as supplier and contract performance management to ensure change orders are kept at a minimum
- Know and utilize complex business processes in Elanco transactions to ensure all subcontractor tiers are in line with company processes and policies and transactions are completed in a timely manner
- Experience of working in a global matrix organization with colleagues in remote locations.
- Significant experience in US “greenfield” major pharmaceutical capital projects
- A positive “can-do” attitude and demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively when faced with difficult situations and conflicts.
- Excellent internal stakeholder and supplier management skills.
- Overnight domestic or international travel is possible (20%) for supplier visits
- This position will be a Teleworker/Remote position