This is a full-time, entry level position that will be involved in all areas of seed production. Individuals in this position will receive training in preparation for future management responsibilities in hybrid corn, soybean and wheat field, conditioning, packaging, and warehousing activities.
Production Management Trainees will assist other management personnel as well as supervise various production and operational tasks as needed. PM Trainees are expected to learn all aspects of a facility’s operation. The trainee program will consist of a 1.5-2 year stay at one location, crop and will then be moved to another location specializing in a different crop for a similar duration. The trainee program can last between 3-5 years.
- To learn all aspects of hybrid corn, soybean and wheat seed production
- To assist in improving location performance
- To develop employee leadership skills
- To maintain the highest quality product
Activities a Production Management Trainee will participate in can include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of other employees or work crews within seasonal activities.
- Seasonal planning and work activity coordination
- Participation in quality monitoring activities
- Inspection and supervision of production fields and activities
- Gain operational knowledge of location seed processing equipment
- Involvement in location preventative maintenance program
- Attaining a thorough working knowledge of the Quality Management System as it applies to location operations.
- Understanding location budget process
- Participation in location safety program
- Working towards or graduate of a bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agribusiness, and agriculture related majors
- Interested candidates need to be energetic, hands-on, possess excellent communication and personal organization skills.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- PM Trainees may be required to relocate to other Remington Seeds facilities as needed
- Remington Seeds is an equal opportunity employer.