Corteva Agriscience has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Production Agronomist.
As a Production Agronomist, you will focus on effective and efficient management of field production processes. This role capitalizes on your agronomic knowledge and ability to get in the field to collaborate with team members and growers to achieve high quality crops and yields. Further develop your leadership and people management skills by managing work processes, balancing workloads, and training & motivating employees. Utilize your problem-solving skills while fostering innovation, risk taking, and creativity.
This position is located in Indiana (Tipton).
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Oversee acreage planning, strategy, education and resource allocation for field activities producing commercial seed beans and wheat.
- Help develop cost effective, environmentally sound methods of enhancing yields.
- Keep abreast of current physical and digital agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production.
- Work with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met.
- Be involved in all aspects of grower relations, including but not limited to: acreage allocations, contracts, year-end reviews and conflict resolution.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgetary, safety, quality, and workforce issues for location employees.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with growers, contractors vendors, and local sales teams.
- Serve as a technical expert across a broad range of production activities.
- Meet targeted yields as requested and quality parameters as directed by Quality Planning and Supply Planning.
- Establish and support individual, location, and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy.
- Sponsor projects, team members, timelines and deliverables to ensure productivity objectives are met.
- Promote health, safety, and environmentally friendly practices.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline.
- 1 to 2 years or more of experience in agronomy, field science, agribusiness, or other related field.
- Possess seedsmanship skills and general product knowledge.
- A valid U.S driver’s license in good standing.
- Organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Develop and sustain High-Performing work teams.
- Computer Skills (office suite products, mainly Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Safely produce a high yielding/quality crop year in and year out.
- CCA accreditation desired but not necessary.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.