Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Historically, the role of IT has been to provide a reliable ecosystem to run the business, drive efficiencies and reduce costs. These areas remain integral, however, driven by the quickening pace of innovation, IT must evolve, proactively partnering with the business to enable new digital business models that power new types of customer engagement and value opportunities.
At Elanco, our product teams bring an adaptive set of skills focused converting identified business opportunities into effective digital products. This role is an exciting fusion of Agile Mastery, product development and technical know-how where you’ll be a keystone of our product delivery team. Whether it’s coaching your team through Agile ceremonies, mapping our value stream, planning product increments, or getting into the details with our technical team, this role gives you a great breadth of opportunity to flex a range of skills.
A successful Product Owner at Elanco is a highly motivated individual, passionate about collaborative problem solving who proactively drives tangible outcomes and coaches others to achieve the same. Their technical ability should support the individual to articulate complex technical topics, while their ability as a product facilitator should help bring structure to help our business partners deliver value from the opportunities they identify.
- Closely collaborate with key business partners to help drive the product forward with a focus on delivering business value
- Responsible for the creation, review and refinement of User Stories and ensuring that development teams have a refined backlog that adheres to our quality standards and the Definition Of Ready (DOR) set by the development team.
- Facilitating product refinement sessions and using good agile practices to help facilitate/structure our business partner’s goals into a workable delivery plan.
- Convert product goals and epics into meaningful user stories. Build and maintain product backlog aligned with product OKRs (Objectives and Key Results).
- Collaborate with delivery teams, architects and stakeholders to prioritize user stories
- Manage stakeholder expectations on the product to ensure the right outcomes are being met, decisions taken where needed and risks being managed.
- Facilitate (with the delivery team) product demos as per the delivery increment.
- Schedule and lead UAT and work with the delivery team to manage defects through to resolution.
- Collaborate with delivery to refine a release schedule against the product roadmap aligning expectations business stakeholders and negotiating prioritisation where required.
- User focus; partnering with business partners in given product initiative. Champion their user research to provide insight into our delivery teams giving all involved an appreciation of our customers across the globe and ensuring delivery meets our company goals.
- Responsible for conveying any multi-disciplined needs either from the delivery team or depending on programs and driving to resolution with our stakeholders (e.g. data needs, technology capability needs)
- Proactively engage with the IT community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, represent, educate and inspire.
- Serve as a coach for other product teams, POs and Business partners to advance our delivery discipline.
- Actively build and stay informed of emerging delivery, product development and agile practices.
- Innovation: foster an innovation culture with ‘Show don’t tell’ at the heart of all we do.
Basic Qualifications & Key experiences:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Business IT or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner or a similar role responsible for owning and driving a digital product
- Agile certification and/or real-world experience working in an agile delivery team
- Experience facilitating product development rituals (e.g. Refinement, Reviews, demos and Retrospectives) as part of a development team.
- Experience maintaining key program artifacts to support program delivery (e.g. Backlogs, Reporting, Retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to work between senior business stakeholders and technical engineering teams.
- Comfortable and effective at conveying complex technical challenges into easy to consume explanations for a non-technical audience.
- Experience working in a regulated, multi-agency and international environment.
- Martech experience understanding capabilities in the Martech domain and how they can address business needs and opportunities
- Team player and ‘get stuck in’ attitude comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Recognized Agile PO Certification (e.g. CSPO, A-CSPO, PSPO).
Other Information: Occasional travel may be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status