Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Animal Health Connected Care Program Architect will be responsible for the evaluation, development, and execution of digital technology initiatives for companion and farm animal health. This role generates robust technical, market and commercial data to support opportunity analysis and investment decisions for Elanco Next Generation Development initiatives. Initiatives may include application of medical devices, AI/machine learning, consumer IoT products, wearable lifestyle devices, medical diagnostics and/or SaaS products. This is a collaborative role, requiring the leverage of both internal and external networks to facilitate the application of emerging digital technologies for use on the farm, at the veterinary clinic, or in a pet’s home.
Role and Responsibilities
- Actively monitor and participate in external communities to understand current trends in digital technologies (devices/IoT/AI) and current challenges in animal health (Companion and Farm Animal).
- Evaluation of digital technology initiatives for scientific rigor, as well as applicability of technology to un-meet customer needs. Apply a product development lens to evaluate applications of non-industry related technologies for animal health purposes.
- Development of strategy to validate initiatives including identification of experimental design, prioritization of data / insights required and definition of staged approached to appropriately assess initiative potential and risks.
- Execute the development strategy by:
- Actively participate in internal and external communication with other scientists to ensure excellence in study design and execution for clinically relevant end points, product development and manufacturing. Including but not limited to drafting of protocols, review and analysis of data and proactively looking for creative solutions to generate maximal customer value and market differentiation of product concepts.
- Complete study documentation in accordance with appropriate quality standards
- Ensure scientific integrity and comply with applicable internal/external guidance and regulation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders; champion and drive execution of NGD initiatives.
- Provide creative and proactive solutions to development challenges.
Leadership Behavior Expectations
- Comfortable and competent in ambiguity and working outside core competency areas
- Leadership through influence, inspiration and integrity
- Entrepreneurial mind-set; driven to understand industry and competitive landscape.
- Dedicated to relevancy of solutions to customers and determined to find novel approaches to address
- Willingness to adapt approach as the internal and external environment changes
- Empathy and emotional intelligence
- Demonstrate resilience and embrace failures as key to learning
- Anti-fragile behaviors and mind-set
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10+ year experience with Bachelor’s degree OR 5+ years minimum experience with Master degree OR 2+ year minimum experience with a PhD
- Must have experience in one of the following areas of expertise: product development, customer/shopper marketing, strategic marketing, SaaS (software as a service), IoT (internet of things) development, electrical engineering and/or brand development
- Advanced terminal degree (i.e., MBA, PhD, MD)
- Experience with partnering with start-ups for research
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status