As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Global Procurement team is responsible for sourcing goods and services in a way that adds value to the Elanco business. The focus of Indirect Procurement roles will be to identify and establish category strategies and apply those strategies to sourcing and value capture projects. Another important responsibility is to maintain relationships with suppliers who also interface with our key stakeholder partners.
The individual will develop and maintain market knowledge for one or more spend areas, identify and implement best practices that deliver value, and network internally to influence change. In addition, lead local and global projects through the strategic sourcing process resulting in negotiation and contracting with the selected supplier(s) and will be involved in relationship management with critical suppliers to assure the value targeted during negotiations is realized for the business.
This position is responsible for setting the strategic direction for M&S categories including Media, Print, Advertising Agencies, Market Research, Speakers, and KOL’s (Key Opinion Leaders). The position will partner with the Procurement Regional Leads to drive productivity through the strategic sourcing, process automation and value capture process and requires a deep experience, expertise working across indirect service categories.
Please Note: We will consider remote/teleworker for this position.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or supply chain OR High School Diploma with 5+ years of procurement and/or sourcing experience.
- At least 2 years of experience sourcing large dollar amount indirect categories of spend.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Proven experience creating and deploying policies, guidelines and digital automation for Print, Market Research, Speakers & KOL’s spend categories; where no discipline or standardization exists.
- Drive strong stakeholder alignment with business leaders in Marketing and Sales to influence the future state for maximum value and productivity.
- Fully understand Elanco’s business needs and ensure buy-in and successful implementation of Procurement solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to deliver strategic value, while ensuring operational compliance to category strategies to optimize Elanco’s buying position.
- The strategic vision of Global Indirect Procurement is to optimize category strategy compliance, supplier innovation and supplier consolidation
- Will have point responsibility for leading the sourcing process from strategy development and supplier selection through contract negotiation and ongoing relationship management with other functions.
- Will work closely with key stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Deliver more than $7.5M per year in cost improvement, avoidance and demand management.
- Drive process improvement and supplier consolidation across Media, Print, Market Research, Advertising Agencies, Speakers, and KOL’s.
- Demonstrated examples of taking bold leadership to drive organizational change
- Understanding value chains and associated cost drivers
- Ownership of Global category strategies and playbooks operationalized
- Proven interpersonal skills especially in conflict situations and collaborates effectively with internal and external teams
- Proven skills in negotiating and understanding of commercial law
- Ability to network and influence and drive organizational change even beyond area of direct responsibility and across all levels of management and multiple regions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate commercial and legal terms with suppliers to protect Elanco’s best interests.
- Leverages broad network (internally & externally) to maintain market knowledge & best practice awareness
- Demonstrated business acumen; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong data analysis and excel skills
- eSourcing Tool experience and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing global third party relationships including management/oversight, supplier and/or supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and problem resolution skills
- Overnight domestic and international travel is possible (20%)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status