Summary/Purpose of Position:
The position works within the ingredient procurement and merchandising team responsible for related sourcing activities to United production facilities and its external customers. This role will coordinate the supply chain activities from supplier to feed manufacturer with proper documentation completed accurately, timely and consistently. Clear and concise communication will be essential to both internal and external customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Duties, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate ingredient sourcing using system software to generate purchase orders, warehouse receipts and customer shipment documents.
- Collaborate with suppliers, plant operations and logistics teams to coordinate ingredient shipments basis cost effective, timely methods of delivery.
- Proactively monitor and communicate ingredient deliveries to internal and external customers as needed.
- Meet with or visit suppliers occasionally to support business relationships.
- Document procurement and merchandising position processes.
- Prepare and maintain monthly procurement and sales activity reports.
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Cross training with other members of team
- Warehouse monthly inventory reconciliation
Typical Work Environment
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature controlled office environment
In order to apply for this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Job Qualification Requirements:
Education / Training:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Relevant Job Experience:
- Able to work in an office environment using software programs and with cross functional teams.
Specialized Job / Technical Knowledge:
- Familiar with procurement, sales and supply chain concepts
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge in Microsoft Office suite
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent telephone and follow-up skills
Licenses / Certification:
- None required.
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds periodically
Safety Equipment Requirements:
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, supply chain or business
- Understanding of basis animal nutrition principles
- Experience in Microsoft GP and Citrix