Process Technology Engineer – Wheat Milling
This is an exempt level position.
The Process Technology Engineer will apply engineering principles and best practices at the facility with tasks ranging from process design, troubleshooting & optimization to implementation of best practices to the evaluation/implementation of new technologies. The primary purpose of the position is to enable facility success by ensuring that plant process systems are designed, built, operated, and maintained at optimal levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Display a dedication to lead, develop and support safety and promote a safety culture. Promote continuous process safety improvement
- Benchmark the location versus internal and external best available technologies and drive improvements
- Manage and prioritize the Wave portfolio in cooperation with the Plant Manager or Focused improvement pillar and/or the Milling technology group where applicable
- Develop and maintain a 5-year project portfolio to include capital budgeting, execution and to strike a balance between NDE (non-discretionary expenditures) and productivity/growth
- Collaborate with the appropriate Technology Centers to ensure alignment of technology
- Explore, propose and/or champion new process technologies, equipment design improvements and equipment suppliers
- Work within the Global Technology Center to standardize operations, share standard methodologies and implement new technologies
- Assist plant operations in solving applicable technical problems
- Support the facility in setting up goals
- Work closely with company subject matter experts on the implementation of innovative approaches to plant operation and maintenance
- Dedication to working safely and to the awareness for the safety of others
- Strong knowledge of a variety of process unit operations. Some examples include grain handling, wheat cleaning & milling, product conveyance, dust control systems, packaging and/or bulk vessel loading, automation systems, and warehousing
- Experience with optimization/analytical processes and tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with plant colleagues, management team, and Milling technology group
- Working knowledge of common process drawings and documentation, such as P&IDs and control narratives
- Desire to spend time in plant areas – tolerate extreme temperatures, walk long distances, stand, climb stairs and ladders and move through close spaces
- Proven ability to work with plant colleagues to identify and solve problems
- Desire to work effectively on a team as well as independently while traveling to remote plant locations
- Proven ability to manage capital projects successfully with the ability to drive solutions to their conclusion
- High level of motivation and results-oriented way of working
- Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Engineering, Milling Science, Production Manufacturing, Technology, Food Processing, or a similar technical discipline, or
- Applicable, equivalent related experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with plant process systems at a production facility
- Desired Experience: Operations supervision and/or experience as a Process/Project Engineer
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Benefits and Perks
Enriching the quality of life for the world begins by taking care of our colleagues. In addition to competitive pay, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package to support your well-being, including:
- Physical wellness – medical/Rx, dental, vision and life insurance; on-site wellness center access or gym reimbursement (as applicable)
- Financial wellness – flexible spending accounts, 401(k) with matching contributions and cash balance plan, discounted employee stock purchasing program, disability, workers’ compensation, legal assistance, identity theft protection
- Mental and social wellness – Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Additional benefits include:
- Paid vacation time, plus 11 paid holidays and one paid personal day
- Adoption assistance and paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Company-sponsored training and development resources, such as LinkedIn Learning, language training and mentoring programs
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are cornerstones of ADM’s efforts to continue innovating, driving growth, and delivering outstanding performance. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and create welcoming, truly inclusive work environments — environments that enable every ADM colleague to feel comfortable on the job, make meaningful contributions to our success, and grow their career. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that each person can bring to ADM because we know that diversity of perspectives makes us better, together.
We are committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in our industry, as we strive to ensure our workforce represents the world that we help to feed: people of color, women, gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, please visit our website here: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | ADM.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future.
We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And, we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet.
From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow.
Learn more at www.adm.com.