Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for Process Safety Specialist position in Pittsburg, CA.
The Process Safety Specialists work closely with site Safety Resources, Regional EHS&S resources, Site Technology Leaders, Project Leaders, Operations Leaders and manufacturing facilities to support and ensure safe operations at our manufacturing site(s). This role is mainly responsible to assure best in class process safety programs and management systems are designed, implemented, maintained and the right resources are requested through the Process Safety Director to support or lead process safety improvement and incident reduction activities in Company operations through implementation of appropriate process safety tools and technology.
The Process Safety Specialist may conduct second party audits, the development of EHS&S standards, implementation of process safety programs, mentorships, and be available when needed to provide specific or specialized consulting as it may relate to incident investigations, specification of equipment, capital projects, and will facilitate process hazard analyses. The Specialist will interact with all the different elements in the Corteva Process Safety Management program including elements that make up Process Safety Commitment, Understanding Hazards and Risk Mitigation, Managing Risk, and Learning from Experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide Process Safety expertise for the following areas:
o Management of Change Technology, Personnel and Facilities
o Process Hazards Analyses (PHA)
o Process Technology/Process Safety Information
o Incident Investigations
o Mentoring, and
o Standards Development and Review
- Facilitate PHA and other Risk Analysis Activities (both cyclic reviews and ad hoc day-to-day), including consequence analysis.
- Coach PHA/Risk Analysis Action Implementations
- Support New Leader Reviews and MOC-People
- Support Corteva Process Safety Standards and Regulatory/RAGAGEP Interpretations
- Review and support Management of Change.
- Facilitate or participate in Root Cause Analysis.
- Lead Process Safety Performance Reviews with Facility Leadership, including metrics
- Perform Process Safety Audits and support facility Self-Assessments
- Provide expertise to support validation of process safety performance objectives after implementation of standard roll outs and management systems.
- Support process safety for regional capital and expense projects
- Deliver process safety training/coaching to region via networks, 1-on-1 support, and instructor-led training
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS, M.S. or Ph. D degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical or Mechanical)
- 7 years related work experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or Environment, Health and Safety is preferred
- Experience with a holistic Process Safety Management program, OSHA PSM, and EPA RMP regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Process Safety activities and processes required
- Production, Improvement, Project Management experiences are a plus
- Ability to transmit knowledge (teaching, coaching, mentoring, communicating, documenting) and to motivate and energize project teams
- Strong orientation toward attention to detail and problem solving
- Demonstrated dedication to developing toward best in class in area of expertise (subject matter expertise)
- Ability to define problems and implement effective solutions
- Strong understanding of risk management using process safety tools and technologies
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple demands for consultation and access to specific area of expertise
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with key stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly articulate the basis for decisions, and ability to influence others.
- Ability to influence project team activities and priorities to achieve Process Safety requirements and objectives.
- Organizational skills to coordinate and work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel (5-25% of the time) as needed, sometimes on short notice
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Join us as we lead global agriculture solutions for generations to come. Apply today.