Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for Process Safety Engineer position in Midland, Michigan.
The Process Safety Engineer serves as a technical resource for the successful implementation of Process Safety improvement and risk reduction activities in Corteva operations through implementation of appropriate Process Safety tools and technology, leveraging solutions to common problems, and coaching plant and project teams for effective process hazard management. You will work closely with the company’s Process Safety experts, site Safety Resources, Regional EHS&S resources, Site Technology Leaders, Project Leaders, Operations Leaders, and manufacturing facilities to support and ensure safe operations at our manufacturing site(s) to drive improvements in our Process Safety program. This role is mainly responsible to assure best in class process safety programs, management systems, tools and technology are implemented and maintained according to the applicable Corteva and local regulations.
In most cases, you will be the facility Process Safety Focal Point as well as MOC and CAPA focal points to ensure full abidance of the plant(s) to the Corteva or heritage company PSM. The Engineer will also perform the role of Manufacturing Representative on projects driven by Process Safety compliance. The PSE may conduct second party audits, the development of EHS&S standards, implementation of process safety programs, mentorships. The Engineer will interact with all the different elements in the Corteva Process Safety Management program including elements that make up Process Safety Commitment, Understanding Hazards and Risk Mitigation, Managing Risk, and Learning from Experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide plant specific Process Safety expertise for the following areas:
- Management of Change Technology, Personnel and Facilities
- Process Hazards Analyses (PHA)
- Process Technology/Process Safety Information
- Project implementation
- Incident Investigations
- Mentoring, and
- Review and feedback on Process Safety Standards that are in Development
- Participate on PHA and other Risk Analysis Activities (both cyclic reviews and ad hoc day-to-day), including consequence analysis.
- Lead PHA/Risk Analysis and Action Implementations (LOPA, RC/PHA/HIRA, MOC)
- Support New Leader Reviews and MOC-People
- Support Corteva Process Safety Standards and Regulatory/RAGAGEP Implementation
- Management of Change administrator role and reviewer for PSM
- Facilitate or participate in Root Cause Analysis, perform the role of CAPA coordinator
- Lead Process Safety Performance Reviews with Facility Leadership, including metrics
- Perform Process Safety Audits and support facility Self-Assessments
- Provide expertise to support validation of process safety performance objectives after implementation of standard roll outs and management systems.
- Support process safety regional capital and expense projects as Manufacturing representative.
- Deliver process safety training/coaching to region via networks, 1-on-1 support, and instructor-led training
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS, M.S. or Ph. D degree in Engineering (e.g. Chemical or Mechanical)
- 5-10 years related work experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or Environment, Health and Safety is preferred
- Experience with a holistic Process Safety Management program, OSHA PSM, EPA RMP and Cal ARP regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Process Safety activities and processes required
- Production, Improvement, Project Management experiences are a plus
- Ability to transmit knowledge (teaching, coaching, mentoring, communicating, documenting) and to motivate and energize project teams
- Strong orientation toward attention to detail and problem solving
- Demonstrated dedication to developing toward best in class in area of expertise (subject matter expertise)
- Ability to define problems and implement effective solutions
- Strong understanding of risk management using process safety tools and technologies
- Ability to prioritize and support multiple demands for consultation and access to specific area of expertise
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with key stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly articulate the basis for decisions, and ability to influence others.
- Ability to influence project team activities and priorities to achieve Process Safety requirements and objectives.
- Organizational skills to coordinate and work effectively with various stakeholders.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
– Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
– Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
– Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
– And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives…? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start applying to this opportunity today.