As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The process engineer is the technical leader in the operations area he/she is assigned within the Clinton site, Elanco’s largest US manufacturing center. You will be a subject matter expert with respect to the process and the equipment, engaged in troubleshooting, data analysis, and regulatory compliance.
In addition, you will lead the continuous improvement of the operations area and drive capital and expense projects from inception to final implementation. To do this, the process engineer will play a key role in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovation to the operations area considering the aspects of safety, reliability, quality, operability, throughput, and cost.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate degree with 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or BS or MS degree with 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong business and technical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities especially in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred experience with process support.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- The primary focus for this position will be providing technical support and engineering solutions to process and equipment related issues.
- Shared responsibility for regulatory compliance:
- Knowledgeable about the hazards of manufacturing processes. Aware of and supports PSM requirements and other safety/environmental policies/procedures.
- Ensure changes to the process/equipment are documented through the change management system.
- Provide daily support to the operations team regarding equipment and process troubleshooting.
- Be knowledgeable enough on the computer support systems to provide assistance in troubleshooting the process, analyzing data and collaborating with operators.
- Drive continuous improvement into the process, which will involve working with maintenance and operations as well as capital project management.
- This position will provide the technical support and leadership on projects, which will include selecting appropriate improvements, defining the scope, overseeing design and construction, and performing qualification activities.
- This position will serve as a technical and professional mentor for other engineers on the Clinton site.
- Lean/continuous improvement experience
- GMP experience
- Knowledgeable in fermentation, centrifugation, distillation, and/or drying operations
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status