Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Provides process engineering support to the Morristown IN soybean processing facility to improve efficiencies, troubleshoot operation issues, and aid in capital project design. This position will follow engineering principles and the Bunge Core Values in providing operations support to meet business needs required to keep the assigned facility competitive.
• Safety: Develop, promote and enforce safety in the workplace by actively demanding employees and contractors to work safely by setting and personally demonstrating safe work habits.
• Manage the Process Safety Management program and ensure compliance with regulations and Bunge policies.
• Intense, laser sharp focus to drive efficiencies by reducing costs without compromising safety.
• Working with the facility to plan and develop projects for productivity improvement related to Productivity, Quality, Safety, and Environment (PQSE) gap closure.
• Work with the facility to prioritize and optimize ‘Key Performance Indicators” (KPI)
• Evaluate Lean Sigma opportunities and coordinate and assist with implementation.
• Implement process optimization.
• Provide general technical assistance to operations staff concerning the following: dry material handling, air flows, heat exchange, electricity and power, programmable logistical controllers (PLC), steam generation/use and liquid movement/storage.
• Collaborate with facility management to define technical needs and CapEx requirements, recommend CapEx projects, evaluate CapEx proposals for technical viability, and assist with development of the project presentations.
• Assist plant management with projects, drawing reviews, equipment specifications, operational narrative preparations, employee training, commissioning a start-up.
• Identify, promote, and coordinate implementation of best practices across the facility and assist with problem-solving and troubleshooting operational problems.
• Assist facility with vendor assessments, OEM equipment evaluations, and assessments of contractors and consulting engineers.
• Coordinate with local plant management to ensure that projects are in compliance with Federal and State environmental regulations.
• Demonstrate cost conscious and quality conscious decision making.
• Interface effectively with other departments such as commercial, safety, accounting, legal, environmental, engineering, QA/QC, and procurement to assist with optimal execution of business needs.
• Assist with review of production data routinely to ensure accuracy and to analyze for continuous improvements throughout the facility.
• Support Regional Continuous improvement efforts
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil, agricultural, electrical, or chemical engineering or equivalent work experience required.
• 3 to 5 years of experience, in plant operations, maintenance and safety is required.
• Proficiency with applicable computer software packages including AutoCad, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
• Knowledge of design codes and government regulations affecting the industry including NFPA 36, NFPA 61, OSHA and EPA is preferred.
• Demonstrates mechanical aptitude and interest with strong problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates organizational and planning capabilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborative team player.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled