• Supervises capital improvement projects to ensure that the goals of the project are met while meeting company quality and cost standards.
• Works with the SH&E staff to assure regulatory certifications and compliance on capital and process improvements.
• Participates in long-range planning decisions, recommends capital projects.
• Reviews plant operations with all departments for potential process / procedural improvements for higher throughput and / or costs savings.
• Prepare reports to document process status and changes and track metrics to discover areas for improvement and monitor upgrades.
• Participates actively on the food safety program, innovation and continuous improvement culture in the facility
• Provide leadership to maintain compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental Policies and regulations.
• Follows construction completion criteria and construction requirements with the project / plant manager.
• Assists in the project start-up with local management.
• Additional projects and duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding EEO, safety, health and environmental management to ensure compliance and accomplish the safe and timely completion of capital projects and / or process changes.
• Exposure to plant operations, maintenance and safety
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and interest with strong problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational and planning capabilities with the ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work as a team member in a team environment.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Ability to climb stairs