Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Process Development Engineer located in Indianapolis, IN. The Process Development Engineer position is focused on Research and Process Development for new products in the developmental pipeline. Process Development connects process technologies to manufacturing opportunities and the business units that will implement them. Process development is the definition of chemical steps and engineering conditions to produce quality products reliably and cost effectively, essentially orchestrating a set of unit operations into a manufacturing process. The activities of the discipline may be focused on development of new process technology, creation of cost estimation models, improvements of existing manufacturing processes or quick scale up of samples for applications development.
The Process Development research group is seeking a chemical engineer to work in support of the development of new technology & unit operations. The processes developed must be safe, robust, reliable and low cost to meet the quality and purity requirements of the agricultural industry.
Data generated from the process research efforts and the production of developmental quantities is used to help set final manufacturing specifications. The group works closely with process chemistry, commercial implementation, and manufacturing to ensure that new products are supplied on time and within customer expectations. The desired candidate should be effective at problem-solving, organizing data, and documenting/communicating results.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Co-Develop manufacturing processes and unit operations with process research chemists to meet business needs and timelines utilizing knowledge of separation, mixing, and reaction engineering fundamentals.
- Apply operating discipline and safe operating procedures for experimental programs which includes Reactive Chemicals (RC)/ Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) reviews, pre-start up reviews and addressing EH&S issues enabling safe operation.
- Collaborate across several functions to communicate and document results in a timely fashion.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS/ MS degree in chemical engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant process development & scale up experience.
- Basic knowledge in chemical engineering fundamentals (e.g. unit operations, separations, distillation theory, fluid mechanics & mixing or reaction engineering).
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.