The Analyst supports the Director of Privacy Operations and the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO). The Analyst works with colleagues across businesses and corporate functions, at the direction of the Director and CCO to implement privacy policies, procedures, and programs. This position is a new US-based role supporting the operational management of the privacy program.
The Analyst is a privacy operations professional who will assist the Director to:
- Operate and execute the privacy programs architecture, through the integrated network service model, with business and functional stakeholder consensus.
- As directed, enhance and update global privacy policies, SOPs and procedures / work instructions to be principle-based, operationally executable by an integrated resource network, compliant with all applicable regulatory and legal requirements, and socialized with alignment to an effective global privacy programs strategy.
- Provide tailored and specific privacy guidance, as directed, via operations-driven procedures and playbooks to regions, affiliates, and businesses to enable business-led decisions, understanding and compliance with global privacy policies, regionally/locally.
- Educate, communicate and integrate privacy and privacy compliance through integrated networks, supporting the company via program training, communiques, and internal client engagement.
The Analyst will directly, at the direction of the Director or CCO:
- Complete, fulfill or otherwise coordinate the materials and responses required for the required filings of privacy-oriented reports, filings, audits, dashboards, questionnaires, certifications, etc; provide education and training materials to regionally-based client groups to assist them, via the integrated resource network (IRN) of how they may accomplish the same; assess and recommend appropriate systems and processes for improving the methods and processes to perform such more simply for the client base.
- Coordinate the systems for data repository in alignment with the various privacy requirements in the associated jurisdictions, under the oversight of counsel or Sr. Director.
- Assist and lead in the processing of data associated with data subjects so requestors may exercise their rights of rectification, objection, erasure, restriction of processing, and data portability and that the company may be compliant with such requests from data subjects.
- Manage communication and coordination among data privacy officers, associates and others to ensure consistent application of Elanco global privacy policies while addressing local requirements (including acting as liaison with Data Protection Officers as directed).
- Provide support to the integrated network in regional and global privacy projects, education and program execution to strengthen privacy programs, education, and business compliance regionally/locally.
- Identify, propose or develop tools or processes to enhance the simplification of approaches and methods used by the C&I team.
- Manage, store and otherwise make available for access the associated Policies & Procedures, with configuration management.
- Support the associated privacy incident response and data subject request processes (or provide oversight to delegates) and maintain records of incidents and remedial action.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Strong prior experience working in privacy programs and their operational execution in a robust corporate environment.
- Demonstrated operational expertise in a supporting role to a lead in privacy operations / organization.
- Solid technical understanding of data, data rights, data protections, data privacy and data-oriented strategies for privacy with regard to privacy forms, data, data subjects, requests, etc.
- Operational experience supporting the architecting, and being part of team-focused and cross-functional integrated privacy program.
- Solid data and data analytics background including previous experience in data-oriented reporting, data and environment modeling, predicting and forecasting privacy events, etc., based on specific data indicators and signals.
- Solid interpersonal, communication, and writing skills, with solid experience in risk assessment and risk management.
- Prior successful experience working with internal and external legal counsel, compliance staff, and business leadership in a privacy operation.
- Proven team player who values each team member and one who seeks a successful team outcome inspiring a theme of “wining as a team.”
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Advanced education within ethics and compliance, business operations with a project management focus, legal, and related fields.
- Experience in animal health, pharmaceutical or a medical products related industry.
- Project Management or advanced project management Certification.
- Prior compliance management experience.
- Prior monitoring experience and exposure to the 7 elements of a successful compliance program