As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Privacy Manager – Ethics & Compliance
Work Location: Greenfield, IN (Hybrid)
The Privacy Manager is a key member of the Legal, Compliance, and Corporate Affairs (LCC) function and leads the operational management of the Elanco Global Privacy Program. The Privacy Manager works with colleagues across businesses and corporate functions (including Legal, Information Security, Global Security, Procurement, etc.) to implement global privacy policies, procedures, and programs which are executed across business units and geographies. This position is a US-based role with global scope and is responsible for collaborating with different business units, executing program initiatives, and implementing Elanco’s strategic priorities for managing privacy risks.
The Privacy Manager is a privacy-operations professional who will:
- Maintain privacy compliance globally by providing U.S.-based privacy expertise and leveraging external experts and the privacy program structure to achieve global compliance.
- Manage and coordinate interactions between the different roles supporting the Global Privacy Office, including Global Privacy Representatives, Local Data Protection Officers, and Regional Data Privacy Consultants, among others, to ensure consistent application of Elanco global privacy policies while addressing local requirements.
- Serve as the first point of contact for privacy-related questions and issues and advise regarding various privacy processes.
- Manage the Privacy Review Process, which is the main process to assess personal information processing activities submitted to the Global Privacy Office.
- Integrate privacy and privacy compliance into Elanco’s business activities, and support the company via program training, communication, and internal client engagement.
- Manage Global Privacy Office providers and support the Global Privacy Office budget annual forecast as needed.
- Manage and enhance privacy processes including building the Record of Processing Activities and conducting the Data Privacy Impact Assessment, Data Transfer Impact Assessment, Legitimate Interest Assessment, among other related activities.
- Ensure timely processing of and respond to each Individual Access Right request.
- Collaborate with corporate audit services (CAS) and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage the negotiation and execution of the Data Processing Agreement (DPA), Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), and other relevant documents as needed in the contract processes based on the assessment conducted.
- Ensure compliance with the right transfer international mechanism required under the GDPR and other relevant legislations.
- Provide support as may be required to work directly with federal and state regulators to address any regulatory concerns about the Privacy program and to provide notice and reporting in the event of a reportable incident or breach.
- Manage privacy matters for strategic projects, M&A, due diligence and subsequent acquisition integration, data localization law compliance, etc.
- Manage and control the cookies and trackers in the different websites and domains owned by Elanco as well as define the website cookies screening.
- Provide support to the Head of Privacy on the several matters arising in the Global Privacy Office.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Either three years of prior experience working in privacy programs in a robust corporate environment or an advanced degree in a legal or compliance field.
- Strong technical understanding of data privacy requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Proven project management experience with strong judgment and analytical/problem-solving skills who acts daily as a self-starter and an inspiring key leader/member of a cross-functional team putting the team and company’s success first.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Law degree with concentration on privacy and/or law firm experience in a privacy practice.
- Familiarity with the global privacy landscape and laws, such as GDPR.
- Additional education within ethics and compliance, business operations with a project management focus, legal, and related fields.
- Education and experience with privacy compliance systems like TrustArc.
- Experience with management of internal resources, external consultants, and outside counsel to achieve resolution of privacy challenges.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status