At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at . Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to accurately price all assigned Natural Gas deals and opportunities in a timely manner according to established priorities. Analyst will work closely with various groups in Gas Operations to determine correct market pricing while developing proposals. The incumbent will also interact with IT and aid in the implementation of system and process improvements.
- Ensure that all Gas deals assigned by the are priced in a timely manner according to established Sales priorities.
- Manage the proposal set up process amongst the team to ensure accurate volumes (usage, capacity release and firm obligations) are uploaded into the pricing models for developing forward contract quantities.
- Work closely with various teams within Gas Ops to reflect correct market-based price curves in the pricing models.
- Provide recommendations for system and process improvements / enhancements; work with IT for implementation and testing of system and process enhancements, e.g. automation of manual processes.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all the tariffs at the regional utility level and the impact of changes to those tariffs to effectively manage pricing proposals.
- Coordinate and maintain effective communication with different departments such as Sales, IT, Legal, Billing, Energy Solutions etc. to ensure customer needs are met including but not limited to performing ad-hoc analysis and problem solving.
- Provide training and market insights to sales team on an as needed basis.
- Develop technical capabilities as required facilitate the enhancement of the pricing process.
- Facilitate pricing of large and/or complex pricing requests working directly with Sales teams and Wholesale teams
- Apply strong analytical skillset and commercial insight to understand the commercial impact of pricing decisions made on the desk. Ensure due diligence and good rationale in decisions-making that impact Business Unit risk and profitability.
- Open office environment
- Hybrid work arrangement: combination of remote and in-office
- High School Diploma and 2 or more years of professional work experience in the energy industry
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- MBA or other related post graduate education is a plus
- VBA and SQL are a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented and a strict attention and appreciation for deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment