Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting and challenging opportunity within Regulatory Sciences for a Postdoctoral Fellow. The selected candidate will be responsible for the validation and implementation of in vitro models to support predictive toxicology, with a specific focus in endocrine disruption. This research project is centered on the development and implementation of 2D and 3D microphysiological models to predict thyroid toxicity and characterize thyroid toxicity modes of action. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The successful candidate will serve as a postdoctoral scholar to develop in vitro models for predictive and investigative toxicology. Responsibilities and attributes include:
- Design and conduct in vitro experiments to optimize and validate in vitro models to predict thyroid toxicity
- Perform proof-of-concept experiments to validate a range of toxicologic modes of action of thyroid toxicity
- Perform technical procedures including biochemical, molecular biology, and high content imaging assays
- Under the guidance of subject matter experts, collaborate with internal cross functional teams to explore and implement new predictive toxicology approaches
- Promote sharing of information and a team-oriented spirit of collaboration
- Comply with laboratory safety procedures and other study-specific regulatory requirements
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- PhD in Toxicology or related discipline
- Experience with in vitro experimental methodologies is required
- Experience with organ-on-a-chip is a plus
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment – excellent communication, exchanging ideas with colleagues, sharing workload, and interacting with supervisors
- Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for the protection of human and environmental health
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.