Are you a self-starter who would like to shape the future of digital agriculture? Would you like to grow a business and celebrate its success? Do you like being directly engaged with the farmer in their operation?
Advanced Agrilytics seeks a Precision Field Agronomist for a local field agronomy position. A Precision Agronomist is a grower focused role based on growing market share through sales, building strong relationships with customers and providing leading-edge agronomic advising services in both traditional agronomic principles with a strong sub-field environmental focus and digital products. The company seeks candidates who enjoy the challenger sales model and have a passion for serving the farmer. Qualified candidates must have a focus on growth and dedication to a true systems approach to agronomy that offers grower specific management products that extend soil fertility, crop care (herbicide, fungicide, others), plant growth and development as well as current production practices to data management and analytics.
Sales & Market Share Growth
- Prospecting via existing relationships and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities for customer acquisition
- Provide advice to your farmer customers and help them make better business decisions using our proprietary solutions
- Achieve sales, revenue and market share targets within the defined market/territory
- Plans and carries out test plots at farms to demonstrate improved varieties of field crops such as corn and soybeans to use as a sales tool
- Convey products and knowledge gleaned from internal team members to growers on a weekly basis
- Crop scouting with growers to show the value of products delivered
- Collecting grower data for spatial data products
- Grower crop plans, rotations, product positioning
- Grower year end data reviews
- Delivery of all portfolio prescriptions (example: Lime, Phosphorus, Potassium, VR Seeding, and VR Nitrogen) with fundamental rationale of each product
- Manage and aid in training summer Interns
- Assist in planning and protocol development for projects that influence grower knowledge of products or concepts
- Work with the Research Team leads on finding identifying growers and fields for projects in your area
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business or related field with 2 or more years of experience or Associates degree with 5 or more years of related experience
- Must be willing maintain or obtain a Certified Crop Advisor certification within 1 year of employment
- Demonstrates passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale and help customers to take optimal decisions
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture preferred
- Comfortable in challenging customers and play the role of a change agent to help them improve their operations
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and align them into compelling value propositions
- Oral communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Must reside in the US
- Must live within the desired territory
- Relocation not provided
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Collaborative, autonomous work culture where each person makes a difference!
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomy services company that fills the gap between the mountains of data farmers have accumulated and the agronomic know-how to put it into action without bias. Established in 2013, Advanced Agrilytics is rapidly expanding its high-touch agronomy services footprint throughout the Corn belt to assist farmers in managing specific environments within the field and share research-based insights from an experience team with a passion for agriculture.