Are you a self-starter who would like to shape the future of digital agriculture? Would you like to grow a business and celebrate its success? Do you like being directly engaged with the farmer in their operation?
Advanced Agrilytics seeks a Precision Agronomy Sales Specialist for a local field sales position. A salesperson is a grower focused role based on growing market share through sales, building strong relationships with customers and collaborating with our Precision Agronomists to provide leading-edge agronomic advising services in both traditional agronomic principles with a strong sub-field environmental focus and digital products. The company seeks candidates who enjoy the developing relationships, selling and have a passion for serving the farmer. Qualified candidates must have a focus on growth, teamwork, collaboration, and dedication to a true systems approach to agronomy that offers grower specific management products that extend soil fertility, crop care (herbicide, fungicide, others), plant growth and development as well as current production practices to data management and analytics.
Sales & Market Share Growth
- Develop new prospects via existing relationships and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities for customer acquisition to drive acre acquisition and exceed sales objectives.
- Collaborate closely with local Precision Agronomists to tag team sell the Advanced Agrilytics platform/offering.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the sales of proprietary products
- Achieve/Exceed sales, revenue and market share targets within the defined market/territory
- Consult customers along with the Precision Agronomist on agricultural issues and prescribe respective actions to resolve issues
- Manage pricing, contracts, and existing customer growth within the Advanced Agrilytics CRM system
- Develop consistent communication with the Precision Agronomist and customer to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction and best-in-class high touch service
- Manage new customer implementation, expectations, and satisfaction with the Advanced Agrilytics service
- Work closely with Precision Agronomist to deliver enterprise reports evaluating past year performance and develop plans for the upcoming season
- Collaborate with Area Business Manager, Regional Business Director, and/or Marketing to provide feedback on market penetration, marketing program needs, etc.
- Collect outstanding accounts receivables from customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Business, Agronomy, or related field with 2 or more years of experience or Associates degree with 5 or more years of related experience
- Must be willing maintain or obtain a Certified Crop Advisor certification within 1 year of employment
- Results Oriented: embraces goals and goal setting for a successful career in sales. Self-motivated; action oriented; appreciates a challenge; pursues opportunities; focuses on thriving!
- Demonstrates passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale and help customers to take optimal decisions
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture preferred
- Comfortable in challenging customers and play the role of a change agent to help them improve their operations
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and align them into compelling value propositions
- Oral communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups or 1:1 cold calling
- Must reside in the US and within the desired territory
- Clean driving record
- Relocation not provided
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Collaborative, autonomous work culture where each person makes a difference!
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomy services company that fills the gap between the mountains of data farmers have accumulated and the agronomic know-how to put it into action without bias. Established in 2013, Advanced Agrilytics is rapidly expanding its high-touch agronomy services footprint throughout the Corn belt to assist farmers in managing specific environments within the field and share research-based insights from an experience team with a passion for agriculture.