16 Tech Community Corporation, Inc. is the 501c3 leading the physical and programmatic development of the 16 Tech Innovation District. 16 Tech is Indy’s Innovation District, a 50-acre live-work-innovate community located in downtown Indianapolis is dedicated to world-changing innovation and economic opportunity.
16 Tech Community Corporation is focused on four distinct areas of work:
- Placemaking: Oversee the physical development of the district
- Marketing: Attract companies, teams, and talent
- Programming and culture: Curate services and programs to foster innovate and create an inclusive culture
- Community Initiatives: Engage with and contribute meaningfully to our neighboring communities
16 Tech Community Corp is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
The 16 Tech PR & Marketing Intern will play an active and vital role on 16 Tech Community Corporation marketing team. The 16 Tech PR & Marketing Intern will help execute the District’s strategic brand and vision through content generation that will be distributed on a variety of platforms (social media, website, email marketing).
Responsibilities will include:
- Collecting stories of 16 Tech district stakeholders through in-person and virtual
- Collecting content of 16 Tech Innovation District at events, programs, etc (photos/videos)
- Manage 16 Tech online event calendars
- Work with the marketing team to develop written content for 16 Tech website, enewsletter and social media
- Assist with media database management and list creation
- Assist with data and impact reporting
- Media pitching
- Help support tours and onsite events
- Various administrative duties
An ideal candidate will demonstrate interest in marketing and communications. The candidate will be passionate about creative ideas and thoughtful copy. The candidate will be a self-starter with a desire to learn and grow with every project.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- College junior, senior or graduate student with interest in marketing/communications/journalism
- Prior internship or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Photography and video skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and execution
- Maturity to work as part of a small, entrepreneurial team
- Self-driven and goal-oriented, able to work independently and organize own tasks, projects and calendar
- Self-reflective and willing to learn from mistakes and by asking questions
- Hours: 15-20 hours per week
- Compensation: $15/hour
- Employment timeframe: September-December 2022
- To apply for this internship, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 17, 2022.
- More information is available at https://www.16tech.com/