Corteva Agriscience is seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Plant Pathology Researcher to join the Seed Applied Technology (SAT) group within Crop Protection Discovery and Development (CPD&D). The candidate will contribute to current projects and perform innovative plant pathology research on diseases of row crops in an effort to discover and advance novel crop protection technologies into the CPD&D pipeline. Working with colleagues across R&D, qualified candidates will use their expertise in plant pathology to assist in the design and evaluation of novel seed treatment fungicide candidates.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Design, develop, and conduct innovative assay capabilities for soil-borne pathogens of row crops.
- Optimize and execute current SAT fungicide screening assays.
- Provide technical input, set-up and assess trials, record data, conduct data analysis, and deliver results aligned with CPD&D product goals for seed applied technologies.
- Utilize demonstrated expertise in plant pathology including plant physiology, to support the characterization and advancement of novel molecules or technologies within the discovery pipeline.
- Conduct research projects to support the development of chemical and biological control strategies for soil-borne pathogens.
- Serve as plant pathology subject matter expert and share expertise through coaching, mentoring and collaborations.
- As appropriate, contribute to patent filings and/or peer-reviewed publications.
- Advocate environmental and personal health and safety by adherence to policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment with other scientists and associate researchers.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. in plant pathology, plant science or a closely related major
- Strong background and training in mycology
- Research experience with soil-borne pathogens, particularly Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and/or Pythium
- Experience and demonstrated skills with plant-pathogen interactions
- Strong knowledge or experience with row crops and crop protection products
- Strong aptitude in experimental design, hypothesis-driven problem solving, and good data analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to work in a laboratory setting
- Experience working with and testing agricultural products is desired
Experience with biological solutions is highly desirable
Basic knowledge of fungicidal seed treatment technologies
Demonstrated track record of scientific innovation
Position Term: 12-24 months, may be renewed based on performance
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
– Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
– Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
– Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
– And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives…? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start applying to this opportunity today