Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a postdoctoral position focusing on applying genomic tools to toxicology and cancer research. The successful candidate will collaborate with a cross-functional team of mammalian toxicology and bioinformatics scientists to develop in vitro and subchronic exposure in vivo models that identify non-genotoxic carcinogens via error-corrected, next generation DNA sequencing (ecNGS). The position is part of the Genetic and Molecular Toxicology team located within Corteva’s Mammalian Toxicology Center in Newark, Delaware. It is an exciting time to join this team as we are expanding and growing.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within Corteva’s mammalian toxicology and bioinformatics groups to develop quantitative ecNGS methods for the identification of non-genotoxic carcinogens using in vitro and subchronic in vivo study designs. The postdoctoral scholar will be encouraged to communicate research outcomes through publication in peer-reviewed journals, participation in scientific community working groups, and presentations at key scientific conferences. This is an incredible opportunity where the candidate would gain exposure and insight into regulatory aspects of assessing crop protection molecules for carcinogenic potential while expanding the boundaries of cancer regulatory science.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- PhD in the fields of molecular biology, genomics, toxicology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, or related disciplines with a strong publication history
- Demonstrated experience in molecular biology and genetics/genomics including, vector cloning, PCR, NGS library prep, sequencing, data management, and analysis
- Ability to work independently and in collaborative team environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for protection of human health.
• Proficiency with bioinformatics software packages such as R, Python and JMP
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!