Corteva Agriscience is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Post-doctoral position for a Plant Molecular Biologist to join the Crop Protection Discovery & Development Mode of Action & Resistance Center of Expertise, based at our Indianapolis research and development facility. The successful candidate will use their expertise as a Plant Molecular Biologist to characterize novel crop protection solutions and their effects on plant physiology and biochemical pathways. They should have demonstrated evidence of technical expertise, experience overcoming challenges, and moving projects forward to completion.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, plan, execute, interpret, and document experiments to elucidate molecular pathway effects of xenobiotics on plants.
- Leverage information in the literature to develop new hypotheses.
- Champion innovative and cross-functional approaches to identify underlying mechanisms at the plant biochemical, physiological, and hormonal levels to explain the mode and mechanism of action.
- Collaborate scientifically across the R&D organization to achieve project and research goals.
- Document and communicate outcomes of experiments to internal stakeholders.
- Foster a culture focused on working safely.
- A Ph.D. in disciplines such as biochemistry, molecular biology, plant science, botany, genetics, or biotechnology is required.
What Skills You Need:
- Having a complete grasp of plant transformation, metabolic pathways, and molecular pathways is crucial.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics, gene editing, protein biochemistry, or structural biology.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present updates, plans, and proposals to a broad audience.
- Preferred experience; expertise in plant physiological, cellular signaling, and hormone pathways.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
- Accessibility Page for Contact Information
- For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.