About Insignum AgTech
Insignum AgTech develops biotechnology that enables plants to talk to you through color. Our plants use innate pigments to signal to farmers when yield-limiting stresses arise, such as pathogen attack. Farmers can sustainably increase their yield and profitability by eliminating prophylactic crop protection while giving their crops exactly what they need, when they need it. Our novel, cis-genic, gene edited traits will make a real-world impact on the way crops are grown. We are agricultural scientists, with farming backgrounds, fueled by a passion for plant science and biotechnology. Help us build the future of farming.
See more at www.insignum.ag.
Insignum AgTech is seeking a talented and self-motivated Plant Research Assistant to join our Plant Biotechnology Research team. This individual will support our efforts to create novel genes by performing molecular biology procedures, plant tissue and bacterial culture techniques, and maintain a working laboratory. The successful candidate must be flexible to tackle many challenges as they arise in a fast-moving company. This individual will be responsible for generating reliable data, accurately keeping records, and communicating experimental results. The successful candidate must be able to perform as individual contributor and as a team member.
· Implementing laboratory protocols for nucleic acid manipulation.
· Conducting a broad range of molecular biology and DNA techniques, such as PCR and cloning.
· Plant transformation and plant tissue culture handling, sterile technique.
· Consistent, reliable media preparation.
· Plant care and maintenance in a greenhouse.
· Collect and interpret data and communicate results.
· Keep a detailed and clear scientific notebook.
· At times, may be required to work outdoors to analyze plant phenotypes or participate in field experiments.
· Work with team members for continuous improvement.
· Maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others.
· Bachelor of Science degree, preferably but not limited to Biotechnology, Biology, Biochemistry, Plant Sciences, Microbiology.
· Experience with laboratory procedures and sterile techniques. Familiarity with lab equipment and maintenance.
· Self-motivation and ability to work independently to deliver results as a team member in a lab setting.
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Ability to work in a diverse team of scientists and associates.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US at the time of application.
· BS + 2 years of hands-on experience in a plant research lab.
· Experience with plant tissue culture.
· Familiarity with advanced molecular biology techniques.
· Familiarity with Plant Physiology.