Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Here at Corteva Agriscience, we’re doing things differently. We’re growing what matters by shaping the future of agriculture and enriching lives across the globe. So let’s start with doing things a bit differently right here, right now. Let’s talk about you. Let’s talk about how you’ll make an impact as our Valdosta, GA Plant Manager.
In this role, you’ll apply your passion for highest safety standards, organizational development, and process improvement to ensure the Valdosta site and Distribution Center operates efficiently and effectively. Your leadership and influential capabilities will be put to good use as you lead 10+ direct reports and provide oversight to the other employees at the site (80+ employees, plus contract labor). Our site will look up to you as a walking example of our Corteva Values: Enrich Lives, Stand Tall, Build Together, Be Curious, Be Upstanding, and Live Safely.
If this sounds like you, let’s continue the conversation. Read below to learn more details about the day-to-day responsibilities of our Valdosta Plant Manager.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you
- Set and maintain the highest environmental, health, safety, and security (EHS&S) standards at the site, and foster a culture that adopts Corteva’s Core Values in all aspects of operations.
- Set high standards for operating discipline and compliance with the both Corteva’s Values and our Code of Conduct. Maintain a safe work place by and lead incident investigations.
- Operating Discipline Improvement and implementation of our management system (Corteva Agriscience Management System, or CAMS). Identify and allocate resources to address site needs around documentation of procedures.
- Work with CAMS resources and site staff to prioritize continuous improvement and lean manufacturing efforts for the Valdosta Site in a way that supports meeting goals.
- Conduct project reviews with Process Improvement resources and champion the use of lean manufacturing as the way to accomplish improvement objectives.
- Implement the use of site metrics dashboard for tracking performance versus targets, and developing a culture of operational excellence at the site.
- Work with site leadership and community affairs representatives to develop a more robust community outreach program for the Valdosta Site. Champion our Corteva “Market Shaping” efforts. Participate in community outreach efforts and act as a positive representative for Corteva in the community.
- Work with Crop Protection Leadership Team and site staff to develop and resource Process Safety Management implementation and improvement efforts.
- Work with Crop Protection Leadership Team and Site Staff to clearly define growth plans for the Valdosta site, which support the Crop Protection Business. This work includes managing infrastructure, staffing and facility improvement efforts at the site to support growth opportunities.
- Work with leveraged and site financial resources on delivering versus business excellence requirements for the site. Ensure cycle counting programs are in place and executed, accounting residuals are managed and resolved, slow moving inventory is managed, and cost variances are understood and reported.
- Work with the Crop Protection Leadership Team and site leadership team to develop and implement plans for improving the individual and organizational capacity of the personnel at the site. Includes ensuring development plans are in place for all direct reports, training plans are in place for all non-exempt personnel, and a strategy is in place for short term and long-term use of supplemental labor at the site.
- Directly interface with the Regional Supply Chain Manager and Operations Supply Chain Managers to understand supply requirements and cost objectives for the site. Provide direction to the operations organization on meeting the business needs.
- Champion Contamination Prevention (CP) efforts at the site. Ensure adequate resources are in place to address needs in building a stronger and more effective CP program.
- Provide guidance to the Master Production Scheduler on managing conflicting product demands for units where supply capability or resource availability does not meet the needs of all customers.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related discipline paired with at least 10 years of experience in production operations, including experience in a leadership capacity.
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Keep in mind, equivalent amounts of relevant education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the above requirements
- Demonstrated success in leading through times of change (change management).
- Experience in a Plant Manager/Site Leader type of role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the elements of Process Safety Management.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: