Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture, leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The EH&S Specialist (Air), also referred to as the Air Specialist, works closely with the EH&S Regional Leader and Pittsburg Regulatory Leader to ensure compliance and timely reporting with regard to Federal, State, and Local (BAAQMD) air regulations and permits. The Air Specialist also implements EH&S management systems (work process, standards, procedures) for air regulations to meet business EH&S objectives and maintain the site’s license to operate. The Air Specialist is the local Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Air regulations and the focal point for new and existing regulations and air permits. The Air Specialist is the primary contact with multiple public agencies such as the EPA, CARB and the BAAQMD. The Air Specialist also fulfills some Regulatory Affairs duties with agency interface, regulation scanning, and determining applicability of regulations to the Pittsburg Site.
The Air Specialist works with trade associations or directly with regulatory agencies to recommend changes to new rule development that benefits Corteva.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Ensure compliance with the Pittsburg site’s federal, state and local air regulations and BAAQMD Permit and federal Title V Operating Permit, including reporting, performance testing, and permit applications and renewals.
- Ensure compliance with ozone depleting substances regulations.
- Ensure an effective fugitive emissions monitoring program for the Pittsburg site.
- Provide guidance to the Corteva EH&S Technicians (Air and Fugitives), contract fugitive emissions technicians, and consulting engineers that work on air compliance projects such as permit applications, environmental reporting and new regulations.
- Ensures that required source testing is properly completed and results submitted to the proper regulatory agencies. This includes acting as the contact between the plant and the source testing contractor, developing the source test protocol, getting the source test protocol approved by the regulatory agency and submitting source test reports to the regulatory agency.
- Serve as a primary contact for all announced and unannounced federal, state, and local agency visitors/inspectors related to air compliance. Represents and serves as the lead for the Pittsburg site in meetings with external air program agencies.
- Ensures that EH&S work processes, standards, and procedures related to air regulatory requirements are effectively applied across the Pittsburg site through operating discipline updates, role assignment and training.
- As required, participates in the environmental related reviews of projects, including management of change (MOC) reviews.
- Participate in incident investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions to drive continual improvement on air compliance programs at the Pittsburg site.
- Participate in Pittsburg site “Compliance on Call” program.
- Other job requirements as directed by their Supervisor.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- 10 years of environmental compliance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering or environmental sciences required. Master’s degree desirable.
- Prior work experience with air regulations, California experience preferred.
- Proficient technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external contacts such as regulatory agencies, city council members, and members of trade associations.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance.
- Excellent computer skills
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!