The Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Scientist/Engineer is responsible for technical stewardship of processes at Clinton Laboratories in western Indiana.
Clinton Laboratories is an Elanco Animal Health manufacturing site which produces both farm animal and companion animal products. The site has an aggressive process productivity agenda and is integral to the launching of new products for Elanco.
You will primarily be responsible for the technical stewardship of established and new processes at the Clinton Laboratories site. Currently, this includes large-scale natural products fermentation, premix feed additives, pet health packaging, plus a growing portfolio that includes EPA products and solid dose manufacturing. The position requires a strong interface with Operations, Quality, and Engineering to execute the site developmental agenda and to achieve business plan targets.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar disciplines.
- 2-3 years of manufacturing experience as a scientist/engineer in a manufacturing or laboratory setting
- Effective communication skills
- Efficient approach to trouble shooting/problem solving
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Technical Expertise: Develop and demonstrate strong knowledge of the technical and engineering principles governing the pharmaceutical process.
- Data Stewardship: Monitor and respond to the key process and quality indicators that represent process performance.
- Process Improvement: Provide leadership in driving process improvements from either a productivity, throughput, or quality standpoint.
- Validation: Own the regulatory-agency-required validation program including both process and cleaning validation.
- Collaboration: Partner with Operations to ensure clear manufacturing instructions are provided and key issues are addressed.
- Knowledge Development: Capture key learning in technical reports to ensure the process knowledgebase continues to develop in a progressive manner.
- Safety and Quality: Support all safety and environmental policies. Develop a strong partnership with the Quality organization as process improvements are made and events are investigated.
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
Feed Additive Premixing
Solids Dose Manufacturing
- Must not be sensitive to animal health products such as tylosin, monensin, or narasin
- Will report directly to the site Tech Services/Manufacturing Science (TSMS) Director.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status