Your Role: US Pet Health Veterinary Sales Representative
As a Veterinary Sales Representative on the US Pet Health team, you’ll engage with veterinary customers to achieve a sales goal with Elanco products within an assigned geography. Pet Health Veterinary Field Representatives will play an important role in our success as we embark on a historic launch period for Elanco Animal Health and the Pet Health Organization.
- Provides a key leadership role for distributor representatives within their assigned geography.
- Responsible for product placement with targeted accounts in assigned geographical areas.
- Responsible for executing sales objectives and strategies with corporate hospitals.
- Responsible for completing a territory business plan with key essential wins identified as part of the plan. Executing the plan as the year progresses will be expected.
- Territory representative will complete all set objectives, and achieve sales goals while operating within an assigned expense budget.
- Key liaison with local veterinary associations coordinating efforts surrounding the state VMA meetings.
- Responsible for spending a defined amount of time in the field executing face-to-face meetings with hospital influencers.
- Representatives will be responsible for setting up and executing launch meetings in conjunction with veterinary services in support of each product launch.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/ GED with equivalent level of experience
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in companion animal veterinary pharmaceutical sales or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment or previous Elanco intern
- Top Skills: Team-first approach with a hustle mentality and eagerness to win
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to convey messages and motivate various audiences
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking
- Strong Planning and Execution Skills
- In-depth knowledge of companion animal veterinary products
- In-depth knowledge of the Companion Animal Market and products available
- Advanced degree in business
- Travel: 25-50%