As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Your Role: US Pet Health Veterinary Sales Representative: Westchester, NY
As a Veterinary Sales Representative on the US Pet Health team, you’ll engage with veterinary customers to achieve a sales goal with Elanco products within an assigned geography. Pet Health Veterinary Field Representatives will play an important role in our success as we embark on a historic launch period for Elanco Animal Health and the Pet Health Organization.
- Provides a key leadership role for distributor representatives within their assigned geography.
- Responsible for product placement with targeted accounts in assigned geographical areas.
- Responsible for executing sales objectives and strategies with corporate hospitals.
- Responsible for completing a territory business plan with key essential wins identified as part of the plan. Executing the plan as the year progresses will be expected.
- Territory representative will complete all set objectives, and achieve sales goals while operating within an assigned expense budget.
- Key liaison with local veterinary associations coordinating efforts surrounding the state VMA meetings.
- Responsible for spending a defined amount of time in the field executing face-to-face meetings with hospital influencers.
- Representatives will be responsible for setting up and executing launch meetings in conjunction with veterinary services in support of each product launch.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/ GED with equivalent level of experience
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in companion animal veterinary pharmaceutical sales or equivalent selling experience in a competitive selling environment or previous Elanco intern
- Top Skills: Team-first approach with a hustle mentality and eagerness to win
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to convey messages and motivate various audiences
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking
- Strong Planning and Execution Skills
- In-depth knowledge of companion animal veterinary products
- In-depth knowledge of the Companion Animal Market and products available
- Advanced degree in business
- Travel: 25-50%
Elanco currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from $50,900 to $143,200, depending partly on the successful candidate’s qualifications, including education and experience. Full-time equivalent employees also will be eligible for a company bonus (depending partly on company and individual performance). Additionally, Elanco offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees that includes a company-matching 401(k); vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent day care flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities). Of course, the compensation is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Elanco reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion, and Elanco’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Elanco employees.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status