As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Your Role: Pet Health Technical Consultant – Product & Veterinary Support (P&VS)-Elanco.
The Product & Veterinary Support Technical Consultant role is instrumental in delivering gold standard customer support and product stewardship. As part of the Elanco Animal Health, US Customer Experience Team, and reporting to a Technical Consultant Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to leverage veterinary expertise and clinical experience to provide solutions for a diverse customer base.
The purpose of the position is to serve as a Pet Health technical resource supporting Elanco customers by engaging in primarily phone based veterinary support activities, including investigating and recording information related to potential Adverse Drug Events and/or Product Quality Complaints. Scope will include providing technical expertise for the Elanco Animal Health US Pet Health product portfolio encompassing parasiticides, therapeutics, and vaccines used in companion animals. Additional product support projects and initiatives appropriate for technical support veterinarians will also be involved, including writing and/or reviewing technical reference documents, effectively delivering product training, and providing technical support for sales and marketing projects. Occasional representation at local, state, or national veterinary meetings may require travel on a limited basis.
- Prioritize availability to Elanco customers via telephone and project an attitude of exceptional customer service in all aspects of job execution.
- Maintain a high level of technical proficiency related to Elanco products and the field of veterinary medicine as a direct result of clinical practice experience and training provided for the role.
- Learn and/or demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of the regulatory, quality, and compliance requirements associated with daily execution of the role.
- Understand the importance of and adhere to deadlines related to all aspects of product support from the regulatory, quality, and customer service aspects of adverse event and product complaint investigations.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Provide mentorship and guidance in support of the veterinary technician team and handle escalated calls as needed.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Minimum Educational Requirement: DVM/VMD degree required.
- Minimum Specific Experience Requirement: A minimum of three years of clinical experience in private, corporate, or academic veterinary medicine.
- Professional Certification/License: Documented veterinary licensure in one or more U.S. states is required.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Additional clinical experience totaling five years, or more is preferred.
- Previous experience as a technical consultant in a regulated veterinary call center environment is highly preferred.
- Considers customer service and regulatory compliance as top priorities and able to execute top tier service in support of both.
- Ability to seek and capture all clinically relevant data from reports received.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including basic conflict resolution with customers.
- Proficient with basic computer programs (ex. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to perform data capture within a validated database.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to establish and meet project deadlines
Travel: Up to 10% including overnight travel to local, regional, or national company or veterinary meetings.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status