This position reviews, evaluates and analyzes new risk and coverage, with a focus on profitability, growth and long-term retention. Our underwriters use facts and information to apply rates and determine premiums, specific limits, deductibles, conditions, and endorsements for accounts approved for coverage. The right candidate will be responsible for working collaboratively with both underwriters and assistant underwriters to evaluate and analyze risks. As a Personal Lines Underwriter with Indiana Farmers Insurance, you will help drive informed decision making in support of our vision.
Benefits for the Personal Lines Underwriter I:
- Free Health insurance
- Free Dental insurance
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Free Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance
- 2% 401k Company Match
- 11% 401k Company Contribution
- Excellent Paid Time Off
- Day of Service
- Charity Match Program
- We promote from within our diverse workforce regularly and offer regular opportunities to learn and grow
- Matching funds of up to $100 annually are available from the company for your favorite charitable organization
- Associate recognition awards, fun gatherings, and opportunities to make friends are part of our culture
- An on-site fitness center, as well as free and convenient parking right next to our building make life easier
Qualifications and Responsibilities for the Personal Lines Underwriter I:
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Two years of experience in Personal Lines Underwriting, preferred, but equivalent experience in a property/casualty insurance company or the agency customer service field could also work
- Positive interpersonal and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, for collaboration with colleagues, agents, insureds, and others
- Working with other territory underwriters to resolve customers’ coverage and underwriting questions
- Having excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is critical
- Working with assigned agents to develop cooperative relationships that foster growth and profitability
Why work for Indiana Farmers Insurance?
- 95% retention of its associates over the last 5 years
- Financially stable as shown by our A (Excellent) rating by AM Best
- Truly customer focused
- A strong legacy of excellent performance throughout our 146 years in business!
Indiana Farmers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer!