At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting and challenging opportunity in the Predictive Safety Center (PSC) within Regulatory Science for a Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK)/Computational Postdoctoral Fellow. The individual will partner with a multidisciplinary team to design, develop, and implement biological models to characterize the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion properties of chemicals in animal models and humans to support the discovery, development and registration of novel crop protection products. This position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Develop novel PBPK models for early stage discovery molecules and projects of interest from existing product portfolios;
- Perform PBPK modelling and simulation to support predictive assessment of early stage discovery molecules and address specific regulatory questions for development and existing products;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on PBPK modelling for the team and other partners in R&D sub-functions;
- Work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional multidisciplinary teams, collaborators, and consultants to meet business needs;
- Collaborate with stakeholders in biotransformation and pharmacokinetics to identify, design and interpret experiments critical for model development and refinement;
- Present the development and application of novel PBPK models internally and externally including peer-reviewed literature and scientific conferences;
- Publish the PBPK model development research in toxicology or related scientific journals;
- Keep abreast of the latest scientific development in the area of PBPK and IVIVE to enable effective communication with colleagues, project teams, and the wider scientific community;
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members on PBPK modelling and applications. Promote sharing of information and a team-oriented spirit of collaboration.
Requirements – What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics, Biomathematics, Toxicology, Pharmaceutics, or a related field.
- Prior experience in developing PBPK/PD models for toxicological or pharmaceutical applications is preferred.
- Strong technical background applying PBPK modelling in the context of pharmaceutical or agrochemical discovery and development and awareness of its acceptance across various regulatory bodies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of IVIVE/ chemical metabolism/ pharmacokinetics and demonstrated experience in applying species specific.
Check out life at Corteva!
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva.
Strike a better work life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
and much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!